3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Cottage Cheese (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/232524-cottage-cheese.html)

LadyWraith 05-04-2011 08:35 PM

Cottage Cheese

Holy moly, it's my most recent super food discovery. I can't believe how nutritious it is! The low fat variety is low in calories, fat, and a 1/2 cup contain 13 grams of protein. I had to share. I was just blown away by how good it is for you!

hatgirlie 05-04-2011 08:49 PM

So true, and now and then it's nice that you can add food/spices/seasonings, etc. to it, if so inclined. :)

Dog Rescue Mama 05-04-2011 09:38 PM

Most mornings i'm to lazy to cook so i do 1 cup cottage cheese and 3oz of sliced strawberries. LOVE IT and 30 grams of protein first thing in the am!

MonicaM 05-04-2011 10:03 PM

I mix it with cinnamon and sugar-free apple sauce; cinnamon and pineapple; or with frozen pitted cherries.

fatferretfanatic 05-04-2011 10:19 PM

I love cottage cheese. I could eat it everyday!

ryeb 05-06-2011 06:45 PM

I LOVE, LOVE cottage cheese!!! Speaking of which, I need to go buy some!

Tejas 05-06-2011 07:40 PM

I HATE it :lol:

But, I have begun to eat it, drained and washed, in salads with a lot of other things in it. I do wonder if I'm losing some of the nutrients in the draining and washing, but it's a start.

Greek yogurt is also a really good source of protein, in case you don't know that.

Thighs Be Gone 05-06-2011 07:55 PM

A friend of mine makes cottage cheese pancakes and says they are awesome..I don't have a recipe or I would post it!

Tejas 05-06-2011 11:30 PM

Here is a recipe for cottage cheese pancakes from the "core" recipe list in the WW area of 3FC

I've never tried it, but I'm sure it's good. The person who posted it is a family member and she wouldn't steer me wrong :lol:

Originally Posted by ontarget
COTTAGE CHEESE OATMEAL PANCAKES
This one is really delicious, especially with the addition of the recommended ingredients.

2-3 beaten eggs (I used 1 egg and 1/3 cup egg substitute)
1 cup cottage cheese
Honey or a couple of teaspoons of sugar, to taste (a banana will make it naturally sweeter) OR 2-3 packs Splenda (I used 6 packs of Splenda,I have a HUGE sweet tooth)
1 cup uncooked oatmeal
1 tsp of baking powder

When they were done I sprinkled cinnamon and splenda on top and let them sat on the plate in the oven while I cooked the rest

Optional, highly recommended ingredients:
banana
a sprinkle of cinnamon
a splash of vanilla

Grab your handy blender and dump the ingredients in, in the order they appear (otherwise the mixture will get all chunky). So, eggs in first, then start the blender. As it's blending, pour in the cottage cheese, then the banana if you're using it, then whatever sweeteners and spices you like, then the oatmeal. Once this is nicely blended, cook as you would pancakes, in a nonstick pan over medium-low heat. I love these plain or with fruit, but you can put syrup on them too, just like regular pancakes.

KlassyKid 05-10-2011 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyWraith (Post 3836452)
Holy moly, it's my most recent super food discovery. I can't believe how nutritious it is! The low fat variety is low in calories, fat, and a 1/2 cup contain 13 grams of protein. I had to share. I was just blown away by how good it is for you!

Try adding some pineapple bits to that and it really becomes yummmeee!!!

lunameower 05-12-2011 03:29 AM

I love it, too. I've recently been throwing in some Fiber One Bran Buds and almonds, adds some good crunch and fiber.

azmom 05-13-2011 07:43 PM

The only drawback to cottage cheese is that it is VERY high in sodium!!

mypinkpolkadot 05-13-2011 08:23 PM

Anyone have the nutritional facts on the cottage cheese oatmeal pancakes? THEY SOUND SO YUMMY!

doubtingJulia 05-14-2011 10:17 AM

I love cottage cheese!

My favourite kind is the 0%. I actually think it tastes better than the full fat kind, I'm strange like that.

I never could stand to put fruit in it though. I don't know... I guess I think that cottage cheese should be savoury. Celery makes it crunchy. And crunchy is fun!