Superbowl snacks -- help!!!

• i was invited to a superbowl party next weekend, and i'm supposed to brig some snacks. everyone will be expecting greasy/unhealthy food, so i was wondering what i should bring. any ideas?

i want to eat healthy (i will have dinner there), but also don't want people to know i'm on a diet or that i am not a team player by bringing in food that nobody will touch because it's not in "superbowl stile"...

do i make sense? basically, are there healthy snacks that could pass for "unhealthy food"????
  • How about a veggie tray with salsa or salsa mixed with low fat sour cream? Some combination of celery, broccoli, cherry tomatoes, baby carrots, Radish flowers, pepper strips & cucumber spears or coins.
  • I know a lot of parties I have been to have some sort of vegetable or fruit option... even when no one involved is dieting! Either a veggie plate (I like all of WebRover's suggestions!) with a dip that you can make lower in fat/calories for yourself but is still tasty to all (maybe hummus or salsa?), or a plate of assorted fruits (watermelon, pineapple chunks, melons of any kind, banana or strawberry?).
  • And maybe guacamole
  • Here is a link to a GREAT site with tons of great options. I have made the artichoke dip and it is wonderful, as well as the chipotle sweet potato fries.

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search/la...izer%20Recipes
  • I will try making roasted chickpeas this year. Has anybody tried those? I wonder if they are only good when they are hot or also ok when luke-warm i.e. cold.
  • I know the hungry girl's website has some snack foods that are lower in calorie. You might look there.
  • I have tried the roasted chick peas and they are really good . Make sure you don't over bake them or they will get to hard .
  • I served the following at our recent bowl game viewing: radishes, green onions, pickles and big bowl of giardiniera (pickled vegetables....you can get them hot or mild). It was really a big hit and was eaten right along with the high-cal snacks. Olives would be good, too. Maybe do a tray of cut up bite-size pieces of low/no fat cheeses.