3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What "healthy" snacks do you love?? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/222350-what-healthy-snacks-do-you-love.html)

Kimberly2011 01-13-2011 03:24 PM

What "healthy" snacks do you love??

I have been eating clean for the past week (and loving it) and have found my new favorite snack - a red delicious apple sliced and dipped in fresh ground peanut butter! OMG, it is SOOOOO yummy! I didn't know something so healthy could taste so fantastic!

I am looking for other great ideas. What healthy, yummy snacks do you eat and love??

lazylioness 01-13-2011 03:47 PM

Celery and Light Laughing Cow
Roasted Chickpeas
Celery and Hummus
Pepitas
Anything and hummus

tattoodles 01-13-2011 03:49 PM

Bell peppers dipped in hummus. Plain yogurt with fresh fruit, tiny bit of pure maple syrup and a few peanuts on top.

missbrowneyes 01-13-2011 04:02 PM

Ummm...

Fiber one cereal I snack on it.. dry. I also eat no sugar added applesauce its yummy!!!!!!!!!!

angelskeep 01-13-2011 04:43 PM

Watermelon and cantaloupe. In the summer, not now. I like to take melons along on hot summertime hikes because they have a lot of liquid in them, I think. Somehow, they just taste so dang good then! And not sure why I thought of that right now...summer is a long way off!

Barb

Initiative 01-13-2011 04:44 PM

I really like a greek yogurt with two wheat free, dairy free fig newmans.

Nola Celeste 01-13-2011 05:09 PM

I can't believe the crap I used to eat and call "snacks." I actually eat better now than I ever did--AND I'm losing weight doing it. :) Some of my favorites:

- Thinly-sliced Fuji apples and slivers of sharp cheddar cheese

- Yogurt spread on a couple of graham crackers (a little higher-carb and more indulgent than most of my snacks, but tastes like flavored cheesecake!)

- Carrot sticks and hummus. Broccoli and hummus. Crispbread and hummus. I'm sensing a theme. :)

- Louisiana navel oranges and a square of premium dark chocolate

- Red grapes and shavings of parmigiano reggiano cheese dotted with balsamic vinegar

- String cheese and cherry tomatoes if I want something savory, string cheese with ambrosia apples for a sweeter snack. String cheese is just awesome in general!

- Pistachios, when I can limit myself to just a few, which is tough. :)

k225to150 01-13-2011 05:52 PM

Melba snacks and hummus. Yuuuum.

GreenTeaYum 01-14-2011 02:34 PM

I love all these ideas!

I like oatmeal with a bit of cinnamon and raisins when I have access to a microwave or hot water.

I also like string cheese and apples.

Hummus is very good with a couple of triscuits (I LOVE the red pepper flavored kind. Mmm)

Almonds - Blue Diamond is the best.

Trail mix with dried fruit, pretzels and almonds.

Applesauce.

Bananas (I could live off of bananas alone ;) )

Pita chips and a bit of cheese. (These are wonderful, but I really have to limit myself to just a few chips.)

When I am really craving something sweet, I'll munch on a couple of pieces of red licorice and a piece of fruit.

Yogurt mixed with a couple pinches of granola.

AnnieDrews 01-14-2011 09:23 PM

Here are some of my favs:

-1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese w/ small banana sliced up in it.
-100 cal. grapes (1 cup) and a low fat cheese stick.
-100 cal. Oreo thin crisps.
-Nutri Grain cereal bars.
-Chocolate Frosted Mini Wheats.

DisgruntledOne 01-14-2011 09:28 PM

summertime I swear I could eat my weight in watermelon!! Other times of the year. Non microwave popcorn.

megems 01-15-2011 11:07 AM

I forgot how much I love hummus until all of you started talking about it! I will be getting some from the grocers today (or finding a healthy recipe for some!)

Right now my favorite healthy snacks are:
Red Delicious Apple & 1 serving peanut butter ~ YUM
Frozen berry blend (raspberry, blueberry, blackberries) & a serving of fat free vanilla yogurt..

YUMMY!

JenMusic 01-15-2011 11:35 AM

Some great ideas here. I love learning from you all!

- 2% Greek yogurt with some berries (frozen now, fresh in summer)
- Small banana and 1/2 an ounce of almonds. This is so satisfying to me for some reason.
- Cottage cheese and 1/2 an ounce of walnuts
- Special K crackers and hummus, or Laughing Cow cheese, or cottage cheese
- A 45 calories whole wheat tortilla with hummus or LC and carrots or celery
- Turkey slices with spinach leaves
- Shredded cabbage cole slaw with red wine vinegar - this is VERY filling for very few calories

AnnieDrews 01-15-2011 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JenMusic (Post 3654930)
- Shredded cabbage cole slaw with red wine vinegar - this is VERY filling for very few calories

That sounds really good! Think I'll try it sometime. Thanks

krampus 01-17-2011 11:46 PM

-1 mandarin orange with 1 piece of Laughing Cow or similar cheese - sweet and salty
-3/4 cup of sugar snap peas
-Single serving plain yogurt with a sprinkling of bran flakes on top
-Celery and peanut butter