I need ideas for omelettes / scrambled eggs!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I love eggs with tons of salsa and low fat cheese or a strong cheese like extra sharp cheddar. The stronger the cheese the less you have to use. I also like green peppers and onions in my eggs plus the salsa. Yummy!!
  • Here is my favorite omelet;

Start by sauteeing sliced Granny Smith apple in just a little butter
    Cook up some turkey bacon, 2 slices and crumbled once done
    1/4 cup of low fat blue cheese

I use one whole egg and 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters to make the omelet and fill it with the above ingredients. It's delish!
  • Quote: Here is my favorite omelet;

I use one whole egg and 1/2 cup of Eggbeaters to make the omelet and fill it with the above ingredients. It's delish!
    Oh my word! I think I've decided on what lunch should be!
  • Just wanted to say I made scrambled egg this morning with onions, green peppers, spinach, and asparagus plus I added cayanne (spelling??) pepper....yum!!! Much more flavor than plain old eggs!!
  • Quote: Here is my favorite omelet;

This sounds delicious. I think I am going to try it.
  • I add quite a bit of sambal oelek(http://www.huyfong.com/no_frames/oelek.htm) to my eggs when I scramble them. Very spicy and very good!
  • Turkey bacon ~ tomato~ basil~jack cheese
  • Eggs + thinly sliced green onion + grated ginger + chopped cilantro + sea salt
    Eggs + chopped bell peppers + sea salt
    Eggs + sliced tomatoes + sea salt
    Eggs + cilantro + sea salt
  • I have eggs every day too.

Sometimes I take a very small potato, microwave it, chop it up, saute a bit of onion, put it in a pan with a spray of olive oil and then two eggs until cooked.

Or, saute a bit of onion with mung beans sprouts (soy sprouts), when they get soft, add two eggs and a bit of soy sauce. You can add potato to this one too.

And I do much of the above suggestions too.
  • If I have time in the morning, I'll get a big skillet very hot, give a spray of cooking spray, then put in a big handful of prepared cole slaw mixture (the bagged, dry kind - it's shredded cabbage and a few slivered carrots) and onions, and if any leftover broccoli maybe, and if I have leftover chicken breast from the night before..then put in the Eggbeaters. Tastes like egg fu yong to me.

also love sauteed red peppers with eggs.
  • In the summer, when tomatoes are fresh, I love thick sliced tomatoes on top of eggs. I also like to saute thin sliced zucchini and mushrooms and pour it all over the eggs. Not really an omelet, but kinda! I also like feta cheese on top - calorie wise, feta stretches a lot further than other cheese for me.
  • my favorites although already mentioned is spinach onions mushrooms salsa and cheese or sometimes i add some fake bacon bits
  • You guys are so awesome! I know what I'm eating for breakfast tomorrow and its not going to be my usual bland egg whites.