Drinking Alcohol/Beer On Plan?

• I am wondering what you all think about drinking OP.

It's not really a goal of mine to drink OP and I do not normally drink much anyway. My boyfriend likes to go to a bar or two on the weekend though, it's like there is nothing else to do ... so instead of sitting in the apartment we head to a bar .... to sit ...

I have enough calories still today that if we go out later I could easily have 1 or 2 lite beers without going over calorie limit and I honestly probably wouldn't have more than 1.

Just wondering if it is a HUGE NO-NO for you guys or if you occasionally indulge?
  • I was thinking the same thing.. I really want a beer. =)
  • I gave up drinking about 10 years ago. I drink 1-2 alcoholic drinks per year. For many reasons, I don't care to drink my calories. Many people find that alcoholic drinks reduce their inhibitions which means they may eat more on top of the calories alcohol adds.
  • Beer and wine fit very well into my calorie counting plan. I like a Sam Adams Black Lager or a glass of wine. I have one a night, usually.
  • Red wine fits VERY nicely into my plan.
  • I think in moderation a beer or a glass of wine will work fine! Glad to hear others enjoy too!
  • Depends on the plan, I suppose. Calorie-counting might be okay, but some of the carb ones restrict in certain phases. In the end, its your choice and one night. I think the important question is whether you can stay on plan the following morning.