OMGosh!! REAL Sweet Potatoes!

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I do love sweet potatoes. I usually just roast them with a little olive oil and whatever seasonings sound good.

This Thanksgiving I cut them into cubes and put them in my crock-pot. I mixed balsamic vinegar, a little honey, salt and pepper, and a good sprinkling of allspice. I cooked on high for 3 hours and those babies were yummy! I will make them again.

Ohhh did you know that you can cook whole sweet potatoes in your crock pot with nothing but a tiny bit of water to help the steaming process? I can't wait to give that a try.
  • Love all of the comments and ideas! Thanks everyone!
  • I just rinse off the sweet potatoes and put them in the oven, skin and all and cook until they are oozing and soft. They are good hot or cold. I think they are excellent with cumin and black beans, either in a tortilla or by themselves. I made curry sweet potatoes with thai curry paste and coconut milk for thanksgiving last year - they were gone before I could eat any!

I am sorry these vegetables faded out of style in favor of boring potatoes, but am so happy that they are back in vogue!