Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-19-2010, 04:22 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 173/173/125

Height: 5'0

Hi,

I eat tons of fruit too and I've been seeing a nutritionist who told me that yes...fruit=carbs. That doesn't mean you shouldn't eat them though. She just told me to eat all my servings of fruit during the morning and afternoon and not to eat at them at or after dinner because it does add extra carbs which you don't want at night. I was eating fruit as dessert after dinner and she told me that it might slow down my weight loss. So I think as long as your eating them as snacks during the day, your fine.
angeluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 09:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 364/ticker/199

Height: 5'11"

The only time I have ever been advised to avoid fruit was when I had gestational diabetes, and then that was only in the mornings. My nutritionist did not want me breaking my fast with fruit because it would cause a blood sugar spike, which could harm my baby. My dad is diabetic, near renal failure, and his nutritionist tells him that he can eat lots of fruit in lieu of rice, pasta and other starches. Fruit is full of vital nutrients and fiber. Natural sugar is good for your body. It's the processed crud we all need to avoid.
Sonata is offline   Reply With Quote