Almond Butter

You're on Page 2 of 2
Go to
  • I like it, but only the kind that has salt added. I've never seen it with sugar before either.

And I only buy it at Trader Joe's as it is ridiculously expensive anywhere else. There is no need to pay 20 bucks for it when you can get it for 5-7 at Trader Joe's (assuming you have one by you!)

They also have cashew / macadamia nut butter that's affordable. I was once at my local co-op and the check out person some how rang up one of my items as mac-nut butter. The stuff was priced at $30 a jar. Seriously!?!

I believe both have a bit more fat/calories than peanut butter, and less protien. But I suppose that's to be expected since peanuts aren't really even nuts, but legumes. They are nutritionally different.

Also pretty good is soynut butter....but it has a consistancy more like Jiff, which I dislike. The taste is pretty close to peanutbutter though and the IM Healthy brand makes one with honey in it. I haven't bought it in years so I can't speak to the nutritional value...just throwing in another nut butter option!
  • My jar of $14 was at Whole Foods. I've never looked for it anywhere else. Whole Foods has a way of making me drool at things I wouldn't drool over otherwise.