3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   What are your favorite vegetables? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/215598-what-your-favorite-vegetables.html)

3FCer344892 10-23-2010 11:20 PM

What are your favorite vegetables?

This should be fun. Let's all post our absolute favorite vegetable or vegetables to cook with. :)

Mine are bell peppers, onions, tomatoes, and garlic. I L-O-V-E bell peppers, and will pretty much put them in anything. And it's only natural to have the others with them, because they compliment each other so well!

katy trail 10-23-2010 11:24 PM

let's just say all of them. the ones i don't like at all are on a very short list. roasted red peppers are way at the top for sure.

yhahmd 10-23-2010 11:34 PM

Broccoli and garlic fo sho!

LindseyLou 10-23-2010 11:46 PM

Garlic, onions, carrots, corn, potatoes, peas, broccoli, cauliflower....

kaplods 10-24-2010 12:19 AM

Whatever I haven't tried yet. I like most vegetables, but I love the adventure of trying something new.

Of the ones I know I like, artichoke hearts top my list. Canned if necessary, frozen preferred. I like them mixed into my stand-by potluck salad.

Assorted fresh, frozen, and/or canned veggies
vinaigrette dressing (bottled or homemade)
extra seasonings
nuts or cheese optional

Toss (frozen veggies can still be frozen) with vinaigrette dressing and refrigerate for 12 to 24 hours (to allow frozen veggies to thaw and to marinate the veggies).

One of my favorite mixes is the Walmart asparagus stir fry blend, frozen artichoke hearts, sliced fresh onion and bell pepper and low-calorie italian dressing with a packet or tablespoon of ranch dressing mix powder, and some grated or shredded asiago cheese (not alot just a couple tablespoons).

popspry 10-24-2010 12:21 AM

Cucumber, cauliflower and zucchini.

cassieroll 10-24-2010 12:24 AM

Cabbage, spinach, broccoli, red onion, peppers (any kind!), lettuce, carrots, cauliflower, green beans, cucumbers, zucchini and other squashes, and my faithful standby: the potato (any kind :) )

odonnela 10-24-2010 12:29 PM

Everything except mushrooms in any form and raw onions. Some veggies I like more and some less, but I will eat all of them.

katy trail 10-24-2010 12:38 PM

i actually can't remember any i don't like. if i don't like it one way, prepared differently i love it. like roasted brussel sprouts. great! even my kids like them. and almost anything tastes better roasted or sauted in garlic.

i love sweet potatoes just plain. they are carmelized just from baking a long time.

i loooved zuchinni as a kid. so many things are tasty with zuchinni. now i look forward to growing my own. very easy to grow.

cassieroll 10-24-2010 01:21 PM

katy, I'll eat anything roasted! And I do think roasted brussel sprouts are like a little bit of heaven in every bite.

BrokenAnkle 10-24-2010 07:09 PM

Cucumbers, radishes, carrots, celery, corn, onions, garlic, mushrooms. peppers, spinach, cabbage, zucchini, avocados. Don't love tomatoes but will eat them

krampus 10-24-2010 09:50 PM

Bok choy, red and yellow peppers, onions, garlic, mushrooms, spinach and eggplant.

I wish I liked raw carrots, but I just can't stand them unless they're dipped in something that masks the flavor.

Sunshine73 10-24-2010 10:44 PM

Carrots, celery, lettuce, cucumbers, broccoli, corn, peas, potatoes (yummy).

I really can't stand peppers of any kind though or mushrooms. Other than that I'm pretty open to veggies.

sobocin 10-25-2010 01:09 AM

Asparagus is at the top of my list, and then green beans, potatoes, mushrooms, broccoli, spinach... yum.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunshine73 (Post 3536613)
I really can't stand peppers of any kind though

I feel like I should! And yet. I like them in my salad. Sometimes. Maybe.

KenzideRhae 10-25-2010 01:34 AM

TOMATOES. Even though they're really a fruit haha. If I had to eat just one thing for the rest of my life, it would be tomatoes XD Romas and grape tomatoes are my favourite, but I'll eat any kind available.