Avocado Help!

• I have been using a variety of mayo's on my sandwiches. I am wanting to try something a little healthier. I really like mashed up avocado in place of mayo. I only want to use a small amount because of the calories. Any recommendations for keeping an avocado "fresh"? Is there a way to mash the avocado, and store it in a bowl and it stay fresh for my work week lunch?

I am aware of little packets of Whooly Guacamole. Great idea, but I hate onions. They also have the Avo Pulp, but it's not available in my area.

So basically is there a way to make my own Avo Pulp to use and keep it fresh? TIA!
  • You can actually keep a whole bowl of mashed avocado or guacamole from turning dark or spoiling by just burying the pit in it until time to eat. Or, press a piece of plastic wrap over the surface, smooth out any air bubbles, and voila' - no problem. To keep sliced or cubed avocado from discoloring, sprinkle with some lemon or lime juice. Lemon or lime juice also seems to help keep avocado mash fresh also.
  • Gelene Hi thanks for responding. I had heard about putting the pit in with the avocado but I didn't think it was true. I am going to have to try it. Thanks, again. I think avocado will be healthier than mayo.