PB2 (Peanut Butter)

• Peanut butter is one of my weaknesses and I just have to share that PB2 to Awwwwwsome. It is dehydrated peanuts, salt and sugar. You add a TBSP of water to 2 TBSP of the powder. The calories for real PB are close to 200 on that serving and only 50 for the PB2. Since you have to make it to eat it, it is portion control and easy to keep you from eating the whole jar (like I have done with Adams Natural PB, big time trigger!)
  • This sounds almost too good to be true! Does it actually taste like real peanut butter? Because God knows I can put the peanut butter away. And I'm really picky about my pb tasting like pb.
  • Well it is not Adam's PB (which is my FAV) but it is darn good for the calories. I tend to use it with other things-- banana PB waffles breakfast or a sugar free strawberry and jelly thin sand. With Jelly, you can just mix the PB into the jelly if you want to.
  • that sounds wonderful! i wonder if i could find that here in Cananda. i also binge on the peanut butter, big time! i try not to buy it but it's so damn good!
  • okay what pb is this and where can I find it
  • I got it online, do a google for PB2 and check their website, they do seem to have started carrying it at some stores. I do not recommend the Chocolate PB2, it was not horrible but not great!
  • Im obsessed now too. Ive been trying hard all week to think of things to put i on!
  • What is the texture like though?
  • The texture is not bad, it depends on how much water you add. It it like regular peanut butter without the oily. It reminds me of the natural PB, if you didn't mix the oil well and had a "dry" spot.

I just had some (50) mixed into Fage 0% (90) with a little bit of sugar free Hersheys(10)-- for 150 calories, yum, yum.
  • Huh this is really interesting, I'll have to try it out. Right now I am obsessed with my afternoon snack which is a green banana, and 1 tbsp of peanut butter. I bring it to work in a little container for the PB, and put the PB into this soft, silicone "pinch" bowl they sell at BedBathBeyond. Melt it in the microwave and then dunk my banana pieces in it. Foolproof way to get the PB on the banana easily and make the most out of just 1 tbsp.