100 calorie popcorn, Weight Watchers products and trans fat

• Hey all! I just wanted to post, because I notice a lot of you like to snack on 100 calorie popcorn. I do too, because you get a lot of bang for your buck and it is dang tasty.

However, just wanted to share something I noticed. A friend of mine gave me some 100 calorie Weight Watcher's popcorn that was apple caramel flavored. Delicious! However, I noticed, after I ate a package, that the second ingredient was hydrogenated oil.

I also notice that other Weight Watchers products, most of the ones I have looked at on the shelf, in fact, have either hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup, often both. One would think that a corporation that claims to care about our health would be more diligent about these ingredients, but one would be wrong.

Anyhow, just wanted to remind everybody to read our labels!
  • Thanks for that tip! I would have assumed that WW stuff was pretty free of that stuff. I guess you can never assume anything! And Trans Fat is like poison... why would WW of all people put that in their products?!
  • sadly, it's everywhere and not just in WW products. I just assume if it's over processed then it's bad for ya
  • I am paying more and more attention to labels and the HFCS ingrediant. It is almost impossible to avoid unless you go towards a raw diet or strict veggie/fruit diet. It is everywhere these days, keep your eyes open and keep reading

Quote: Hey all! I just wanted to post, because I notice a lot of you like to snack on 100 calorie popcorn. I do too, because you get a lot of bang for your buck and it is dang tasty.

However, just wanted to share something I noticed. A friend of mine gave me some 100 calorie Weight Watcher's popcorn that was apple caramel flavored. Delicious! However, I noticed, after I ate a package, that the second ingredient was hydrogenated oil.

I also notice that other Weight Watchers products, most of the ones I have looked at on the shelf, in fact, have either hydrogenated oils or high fructose corn syrup, often both. One would think that a corporation that claims to care about our health would be more diligent about these ingredients, but one would be wrong.

Anyhow, just wanted to remind everybody to read our labels!