VitaTops even healthier than I thought!

• I am having a friend go over my foods to see where I can make changes. I looked up the nutritional info on the site for Vitatops to show him, and happened to have the wrapper still from my breaktime Vitatops.

I chatted with a CS rep to make sure - but it turns out they changed the recipes back in December, but the boxes and wrappers were all pre-printed with the old info so they had to use them still. My wrapper says that the Deep chocolate Vitatop has 6 grams of fiber and 3 grams of protein. the site says it has 9 grams of fiber and 4 grams of protein. And the site is accurate. Yay!
  • I love VitaTops!!! So glad to hear they're even more nutritious than labeled. Not often you hear good news like that!

I just ordered a mixed flavor box and I like everything (except the corn muffin--too sweet for my taste) I've had so far.
  • I jsut recieved my order of the new Apple Crumb flavor yesterday and noticed the sodium is much lower.. Only 105mg.. Other flavors I've had were 2X that much!
  • Are Vitatops available in retail stores? I read about them on Hungry Girl, but it seems the only way to get them is by ordering online. They are a little pricey, so I'd love to try one (or one box) first before ordering dozens and finding out they're not as tasty as I thought!
  • For me they are. You might have to just browse the grocery stores. But make sure you note: they're in the frozen section. Usually near the breakfast stuff.
  • I've seen these in the grocery store and in the Weight Watcher's magazine (although I'm not following WW).

What's the best flavour? And how to you bake them?
  • @Stella4: You can sometimes find the mixes which I'm sure would have directions, but I've never had those. Just the Vitatops or whole muffins - those are already baked, but they come frozen bc the company doesn't use preservatives. I just pull one out of the freezer at 8am and it's thawed by 10am for my break. Or pop in in the microwave on defrost for half a minute.

I've only tried the Deep Chocolate and the Corn. The Deep Chocolate is good - I've read reviews that say it's one of the best. The cake by itself isn't over the moon but so long as you get a chocolate chip in there it's just fine

The corn is so-so. No grit like real cornbread so the flavor seems a bit..off. I suppose it would be better warmed up with a smidge of country crock or something.

I once read a (very very thorough) review over at Amazon from someone who bought the big variety pack and they detailed all the muffins. Apparently a number of them taste more "diet" than others.
  • if you have a safeway in your area... they sell them there
  • Thanks, Lilly! I'll have to give them a try!
  • In large grocery stores they can often be found in the organic/natural food section.
  • I can get them at my Kroger grocery store in the natural food frozen area.
  • Maybe a health food store? I want to try the chocolate ones after reading theses posts