3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Are all waters created equal? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/20315-all-waters-created-equal.html)

Tiffany123 09-23-2002 01:45 PM

Are all waters created equal?

I swear, I hate water. I just think it tastes bad. I have had people laugh at me when I say that. But to me, I think it tastes bad.

Now, I have tried Dansani and Aquafina and a couple of other nameless brands. Today, I picked up an Evian...and I actually LIKE it. I don't understand!!!!! Is this actually DIFFERENT from other waters? Are all waters pretty much the same?

I HATE the price of Evian, but hey...if I can drink it...maybe it's worth it. If I am insane, and all waters are the same...then maybe I should just save the bottle and pour the generic stuff in it.

Hmm....something to ponder,
Tiffany

arosenpa 09-25-2002 06:17 AM

I Beleive that there IS a difference... I have bottled water delivered to my home it is called Endless Moutain and it is Artesian water -- I prefer IT over another company that I bought water from before... Also I hate to drink it out of anything plastic. To me that also makes a difference.... As for *Aquafina* that is filtered water not Spring water...... That to me is a waste of money -- might just as well buy a filter and attach it to your faucet. JMHO... I say if you like it (Evian)-- and will drink it, then you are worth what ever the cost.... :)

lighter 10-03-2002 12:45 PM

I use a Brita Water pitcher and filter and filter the water from the tap. So much cheaper.

Earthy 10-03-2002 10:51 PM

Me too! I use the Brita Water pitcher and the filter gives it a clean taste. :twirly: But I have heard that others can honestly tell a big difference in different water bottle brands. :sp: I haven't tried Evian, but you got me thinking about the taste. :idea: I'll give it try!

rochemist 10-04-2002 01:51 AM

Water Posts

:wave: Hi!

Evian does taste the best, but of the waters it is way overpriced. I too get water delivered to my home. I like that its always really cold and it tastes great. We don't buy any pop or juice anymore in our house so $30/month to have the conivence of delivered water is about the same as we use to pay for pop.

Ms. Chris :cool:

Tara 11-11-2002 03:25 PM

No - waters are not created equal. I used to drink Evian and loved it -- but then I started drinking Poland Spring and just preferred that instead. Now I drink Ice Mountain and find it just has a crisper taste to it. I love it!

I find Evian to have a "plastic" taste -- maybe its the bottle -- who knows!

Tara :)

GreatBigMonsterMomma 11-11-2002 07:17 PM

I do love Evian. :)

But like Tara, I drink Poland Spring and have found it's just as good.

However, when I'm back in Texas, you can't drag me away from the Ozarka!

I suggest you get a Brita or Pur filter. I had one that attached to the faucet. That makes pretty good water. Another thing I have found helpful with tapwater is to squeeze a lemon wedge into it. The lemon kills the mineral taste, and the calorie issue is pretty much nonexistent.

Derek 11-15-2002 10:59 PM

My 2 cents worth:
Dasani - Good
Ice Mountain - Good
Aquafina - Tastes like metal

Donnabear 11-16-2002 04:36 PM

Has anyone tried the enhanced waters or have any opinions on them?

rochemist 11-16-2002 09:34 PM

Enhanced Waters

Anything that is suppose to be a short cut to getting the vitamins and minerals you need is usually done in overkill. Also they taste too sweet. I will stick to my regular water out of the bottle.

Miss Chris:cool:

SAHM 11-19-2002 04:33 AM

Different waters definitely taste different. Funny, but I love Dasani and can't stand Evian :lol:.

KiraR 11-20-2002 10:46 AM

I also LOVE Dasani. It's definitely my favorite brand of bottled water. :)

jenne1017 12-04-2002 11:15 AM

I love the flavored waters, but you have to watch the sugar/calorie content.

I LOVE the new Gatorade Water but don't drink it as often because it has added stuff. The essence waters are ok too.

I use Brita and lemon juice. I absolutely hate water, but know I need to start drinking more of it! FiJi water is very good, but like Evian very pricey!