What do you eat with your cottage cheese?

You're on Page 1 of 3
Go to
  • I bought some cottage cheese since I want other ways to get protein into my diet...I am not sure how to eat it. I want it to be a snack, I think...and I am not great at cooking, so nothing overly difficult.
    I'm not on any specific diet though, but I lean towards eating less processed foods.
    I have some fresh pineapple...would that go well with it?
    Thanks for any ideas!
  • I've seen individual servings of cottage cheese packaged with bits of pineapple on the side, so it must taste good to some people. I haven't tried it. I prefer strawberries or peaches. You've got nothing to lose by trying it though, so go for it!
  • mmmmmmm ANY type of fruit goes well with it....one of my FAVORITE treats is mixed berries and lowfat cottage cheese with splenda. it's like a healthy dessert!
  • Yes, pineapple or peaches are delicious with cottage cheese. It's like eating ice cream (this is what my mom always told me when I was little, and I still agree)

If I don't want something sweet, I chop up a tomato, add some basil, and a little bit of salt/pepper. This feels like more of a "meal" than it does with the sweet fruit for some reason.

I love cottage cheese. Enjoy!
  • I like my cottage cheese straight up baby!
  • Agree with everyone else on the pineapple! I never liked cottage cheese until I had it with pineapple
  • I put it on a Wasa or Ryvita cracker.

~CGH~
  • Salsa will really give it some flavor if you're looking for savory. I used to eat it that way with chips. Now I would have celery, cucumber slices, or maybe raw zucchini and carrot ribbons...shave the veg with a peeler. I bet you could even roast the ribbons in the oven to make them crispy. Now I'll have to get some cottage cheese and give it a try that way.

Barb
  • I've used mine instead of salad dressing.
  • I love my cottage cheese with flavoured yogurt, very filling.
  • I like it on its own. Especially with black pepper mixed in... mmm!
  • I've thrown it into eggs and veggies for making quiche.

I've also blendered it so it is smoother and treated it like cream cheese.

A.
  • Sweet or savoury both work.

I like crushed pineapple for a sweet treat. If I want savoury it's either a tin of flavoured tuna (tomato and basil or something like that) or chopped up grape tomatoes, olives, cucumber and some salt, pepper and balsamic vinegar.
  • Yesterday I had some with one grated apple mixed in and a few hazelnuts chopped up. It worked well - the hazelnuts could also be toasted for extra flavour.
  • I LOVE cottage cheese, so I put it on more stuff than the average person. I like it on crackers or toast, with salsa as a dip for veggies, instead of salad dressing, plain, with pepper, with tomato and basil, with pineapple and just about any other fruit, with applesauce (I have no problems with funny textures in my food.) I use it in lasagna, I use it on pancakes. I just ate some with my oatmeal.

The easiest way to get into it is to have it with fruit. Enjoy!