yogurt recipes?

• I've recently discovered the awesomeness of Greek Yogurt... the texture is amazing, and with a bit of honey, it is really good!

I've been experimenting and trying yogurt as substitutions in recipes. Does anyone know of any recipes that use yogurt?

I've seen it in a mashed potato recipes and a recipe for icing.

So far, I've used it as a replacement for milk and butter when making Kraft macaroni and cheese. I've also used it to make dip...
  • Oooh, icing. That sounds good!

I use it as a sour cream replacement on baked potatoes, or use a dollop on top of soups or chili.
  • I buy muller lights~ which are low cal yoghurts. With a bit of cinnamon, or some berries and popped into the freezer for 2 hours, its a silky soft icecream replacement for me <3
  • Quote: Oooh, icing. That sounds good!

I use it as a sour cream replacement on baked potatoes, or use a dollop on top of soups or chili.
    mmm...that sounds great! yeah, i've been thinking of using it as a replacement for sour cream, like in soups, or maybe even beef stroganoff? i'm not sure if it would turn out strange, though. thanks!!
  • Quote: I buy muller lights~ which are low cal yoghurts. With a bit of cinnamon, or some berries and popped into the freezer for 2 hours, its a silky soft icecream replacement for me <3
    mmm....that sounds great!! i loove cinnamon! i tried chobani greek chocolate yogurt and trader joe's version and they were amazing... like ice cream @_@
  • I have used regular plain yogurt in stroganoff, but not greek style. It worked ok, but it was clearly not as 'rich'. If you are on a budget, I'd save the greek style for when I want thickness on my spoon, and save the cheaper regular yogurt for being absorbed in to sauces.
  • I use it when I make Korma.
  • Quote: I have used regular plain yogurt in stroganoff, but not greek style. It worked ok, but it was clearly not as 'rich'. If you are on a budget, I'd save the greek style for when I want thickness on my spoon, and save the cheaper regular yogurt for being absorbed in to sauces.
    that's a really good tip! thanks!!
  • Quote: I use it when I make Korma.
    yeah! my indian friend said that some people use cream and others use yogurt, so i'm definitely gonna have to try the indian recipes with yogurt. i had been using milk, which kind of sucks all around.