3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   yogurt recipes? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/199635-yogurt-recipes.html)

tomato sunshine 04-17-2010 08:40 PM

yogurt recipes?

I've recently discovered the awesomeness of Greek Yogurt... the texture is amazing, and with a bit of honey, it is really good!

I've been experimenting and trying yogurt as substitutions in recipes. Does anyone know of any recipes that use yogurt?

I've seen it in a mashed potato recipes and a recipe for icing.

So far, I've used it as a replacement for milk and butter when making Kraft macaroni and cheese. I've also used it to make dip...

Jennifer 3FC 04-18-2010 01:09 PM

Oooh, icing. That sounds good!

I use it as a sour cream replacement on baked potatoes, or use a dollop on top of soups or chili.

VeeDeValentine 04-18-2010 01:12 PM

I buy muller lights~ which are low cal yoghurts. With a bit of cinnamon, or some berries and popped into the freezer for 2 hours, its a silky soft icecream replacement for me <3

tomato sunshine 04-18-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC (Post 3253420)
Oooh, icing. That sounds good!

I use it as a sour cream replacement on baked potatoes, or use a dollop on top of soups or chili.

mmm...that sounds great! yeah, i've been thinking of using it as a replacement for sour cream, like in soups, or maybe even beef stroganoff? i'm not sure if it would turn out strange, though. thanks!! :D

tomato sunshine 04-18-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VeeDeValentine (Post 3253424)
I buy muller lights~ which are low cal yoghurts. With a bit of cinnamon, or some berries and popped into the freezer for 2 hours, its a silky soft icecream replacement for me <3

mmm....that sounds great!! i loove cinnamon! i tried chobani greek chocolate yogurt and trader joe's version and they were amazing... like ice cream @_@

Jennifer 3FC 04-18-2010 06:03 PM

I have used regular plain yogurt in stroganoff, but not greek style. It worked ok, but it was clearly not as 'rich'. If you are on a budget, I'd save the greek style for when I want thickness on my spoon, and save the cheaper regular yogurt for being absorbed in to sauces.

rileyozzy 04-18-2010 06:19 PM

I use it when I make Korma.

tomato sunshine 04-18-2010 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jennifer 3FC (Post 3253718)
I have used regular plain yogurt in stroganoff, but not greek style. It worked ok, but it was clearly not as 'rich'. If you are on a budget, I'd save the greek style for when I want thickness on my spoon, and save the cheaper regular yogurt for being absorbed in to sauces.

that's a really good tip! thanks!!

tomato sunshine 04-18-2010 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rileyozzy (Post 3253737)
I use it when I make Korma.

yeah! my indian friend said that some people use cream and others use yogurt, so i'm definitely gonna have to try the indian recipes with yogurt. i had been using milk, which kind of sucks all around.