Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-16-2010, 10:26 PM   #1  
Endeavor to Persevere

S/C/G: 386/see ticker/200

Height: 5'7"

Default Whey Protein

Just curious as to whether anybody has ever used whey protein in their weight loss program? I know that this site doesn't support the HCG shots but I was on them at one time and I would make protein shakes with the whey protein. Mainly because it was low in calories and high in protein. I would drink them from breakfast. I have never been a big breakfast person so it worked out! Anyway, I found a big tub and thought I would use it up (stuff's not cheap)

Just wanted some thoughts or advice on it! btw, it also has like 23 or so grams of protein per serving.
thinmintintraining is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #2  
Moderating Mama

S/C/G: 295/200/175

Height: 5' 8"

I use protein powder smoothies as breakfast, or as a snack after I lift. Some people find they're not very filling, but I get nice and full from the protein and the fiber from the berries I usually throw in.
mandalinn82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:50 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 174/137/135

Height: 5"5

Yup, I use them regularly before working out or as a snack in the afternoon. The BEST I've found so far is BSN's Dessert Protein Powder. They have flavors like Chocolate Pudding, Cinnamon Roll, and Banana Malt. I blend it with a few ice cubes then tuck it into the freezer for a few minutes for a healthy "frosty."

YUM!
KylieH is offline   Reply With Quote