3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   The dish that gives me hope for mankind (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/19739-dish-gives-me-hope-mankind.html)

diamondgeog 09-03-2002 06:45 PM

The dish that gives me hope for mankind

I know this is kind of silly but I love carrot cake. And I think any species that can come up with making a cake out of a vegetable and then adding cream cheese as a frosting. I mean some serious good mojo there. Whoever puts cream cheese on their raw carrots? Totally pointless post except, whenever I eat carrot cake (in moderation of course :p ) I don't feel we are totally without promise as a species.

Earthy 10-03-2002 10:45 PM

I agree!! I love Carrot Cake! :T :lol:

twinstar 10-07-2002 11:02 AM

Me too! I love carrot cake and it's not even easy to find it here!
I once made it myself which wasn't that succesfull...
But I did found a perfect recipe of brownies which are only one WW point.

Little things that keeps me going I guess...

Ninety 10-10-2002 10:50 PM

Here is a slightly lighter version for you to try. I've made it several times and it is very good.

Orange Carrot Cake Serves 9-12
Cake: 1 cup self-rising flour 2 eggs
3/4 cup granulated sugar 1/4 cup unswtned applesauce
1 tsp. cinnamon 1-1/2cups shredded carrots
1/2 cup vegetable oil 2 tsp. grated orange rind

Fluffy Cream Cheese Icing: 2 oz. light cream cheese
2 Tbsp. softened butter 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind
1-1/2 cups icing sugar 1 tsp. (approx.) milk or oj

Cake: Grease 8" square baking pan; set aside. In a large bowl combine flour, sugar & cinnamon. Beat in oil; beat 1 minute. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating for 30 seconds after each addition. Beat in applesauce. Stir in carrots & orange rind. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Bake in 350º oven for 35 minutes or until golden & top springs back when toughed lightly & cake begins to pull away from sides of pan. Run a knife around the edge of pan. Let cake cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes, then remove from pan & let cool completely.

Icing: In medium bowl beat together cream chees, butter & icing sugar until fluffy. Beat in orange rind. Beat in enough milk or orange juice to make icing fluffy & speadable. Spread icing evenly over cake; garnish with grated orange rind.

twinstar 10-15-2002 07:37 AM

Thanks a lot Ninety!

I definetly will give it a go soon ( although after I figured out how to convert the American weights! Have some difficulties with cups, oz. etc.) Would be so much easier if you all were using kilo's and gram :idea: .............

Anyway, thanks again!

Twinstar

Rusty*Rusty 10-15-2002 11:03 AM

Twinstar - do they carry US cups and measures at your local department store? One set of each and you'd be all set. Our Pyrex glass measures have both metric and *the easy one* on them. :)

Sugar_Bells 10-15-2002 11:55 AM

mmmmmmmmmmm.....good!! Carrot cake is one of my downfalls thanks for the light version!!!

twinstar 10-16-2002 11:25 AM

Hi Rusty,

Friend of my is in Washington at this moment and she promised to bring me one of those. Thanks for the reply!
Problem solved!
I noticed that the variety of WW-recipes in VS-measures is enormous once you know where to look! The Dutch recipes I've so far are very boring and tasteless

Bye!
Twinstar