Stovetop Smoker

• I just got to use a stovetop smoker tonight and it was AMAZING. I have to get one. We smoked some extra lean ground beef for hamburgers and it was so delicious. All that extra flavor without any extra calories!

I believe there are other brands but the kind I used tonight was a Cameron's smoker. It effectively is the size of a roaster pan. You put about a tablespoon of wood chips on the bottom, put the metal tray over it, and then the metal rack on top of that. You place whatever meat or veggies you want on it and slide on the metal lid. It cooks AND smokes at the same time and the flavor is sooo good. Apparently you can smoke whole chickens and hams in them as well. Use them in the oven, on the stop top, or outside on a grill.

Just a warning it does make the kitchen smell like wood chips. We had to run the exhaust fan for a while, but the food was worth the smell!
  • I have one, it's fantastic! It does let out some smoke during the process, so I put an exhaust fan in the window when I use mine, to make sure it removes the smoke. I also wrap foil around the end to help keep it in. I used to smoke chicken way back when, but no longer eat meat. I now use it to smoke tomatoes (very delicious) and may try mushrooms next

I bought all of the different types of wood chips to go with it. It uses a very finely ground wood, not like the usual you buy to go in a conventional smoker. I loved all but the alder wood. I bought them from www.famousfoods.com

I haven't tried them yet, but I recently bought some smoker bags that seal up and you use them in the oven. They are also made by Camerons.