oil free yummy sweet potato biscuts

• I just tried my first oil free recipie, sweet potato biscuts. I substituted 1/4 cup of banana for 1/4 cup of shortening. I only wish I put in more sweet potato. but so very yummy.
  • That sounds promising. What is your basic recipe? I've never heard of sweet potato biscuits. Are they just southern-style biscuits with the potatoes and banana instead of the butter/shortening or are they like a muffin?
  • its a southern style biscut...I modified it from a paula dean sweet potato biscut recipie. I used 1 1/4 cup of flour, 4Tbsp baking powder, 1/2tsp salt, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 3/4cup of mashed sweet potato (can use puree), 1/4 cup banana mashed, 2-4 Tbsp soy (or non dairy) milk. I did drop biscuts because I don't have a rolling pin. I cooked it at 400 degrees for 15min. (or until done).
  • Nice idea!

And speaking of Paula Deen sweet potato biscuits - have you seen her box of mix? It's $9 and you still have to add your own sweet potatoes.
  • I hadn't even though about that! and most of the ingredients are standard baking items, plus the dollar for a large sweet potato and the 25 cents for the banana.