3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Restaurant/Fast Food Salads (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/196366-restaurant-fast-food-salads.html)

EZMONEY 03-10-2010 09:12 AM

Restaurant/Fast Food Salads

With SPRING on the way and more salads filling our plates I thought this article I saw this morning may help some of us make our good choices :)
http://www.thatsfit.com/2010/03/09/b...-worst-salads/

1. Panera Bread's BBQ Chopped Chicken Salad, with mild BBQ sauce, no dressing (350 calories)

2. On the Border's Citrus Chipotle Chicken Salad, with Mango Citrus Vinaigrette (290 calories)

3. Panera Bread's Asian Sesame Chicken Salad, with crispy wonton strips and almonds, no dressing (320 calories)

4. Panera Bread's Fuji Apple Chicken Salad, with pecans, no dressing (370 calories)

5. Wendy's Chicken Caesar Salad with Grilled Chicken Fillet, with home-style garlic croutons, no dressing (240 calories)

6. Olive Garden's Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, without Caesar dressing (430 calories)

7. McDonald's Premium Southwest Salad with Grilled Chicken, without Creamy Southwest dressing (320 calories)

8. Burger King's Tendergril Chicken Garden Salad, without ranch dressing (270 calories)

9. Sonic's Santa Fe Grilled Chicken Salad, without ranch dressing (312 calories)

nelie 03-10-2010 09:55 AM

Can you post the link? We don't want copyrighted material posted without referencing where it came.

Thanks.

EZMONEY 03-10-2010 10:15 AM

rules-rules-rules....

everywhere I go I get bossed around or threads I am are closed down...

what's a guy to do...

nelie 03-10-2010 10:30 AM

Yes, yes, we don't want to get nasty grams from other sites, thanks :) I posted back the salads and calorie counts.

EZMONEY 03-10-2010 12:00 PM

hugs

Jennifer 3FC 03-13-2010 12:36 AM

Darn they all have chicken! :faint:

Panera bread used to have a salmon salad that was really good, and low in calories. I'm not sure if they still make it or not.

bacilli 03-13-2010 07:37 AM

I was at Panera a few days ago, Jennifer, and saw a salmon salad. I didn't look at the counts, since I don't eat fish, but their website has a really good nutrition calculator.

Thighs Be Gone 03-13-2010 08:02 AM

There is a great place that just opened near me. It's called Salad Creations. You go in and pick your greens (4 types of lettuce or spinach) then you pick your toppings, then your protein, then your dressing. It is so awesome. They have salmon, chick peas, black beans, all sorts of things. They also have balsamic vinegar as a dressing choice. I LOVE IT!

I am unsure if Salad Creations is a chain--it seems like it would be. Also, in a pinch I opt for Subway Salad--lol, with or without the chicken! Without the chicken or cheese, the salad is under 100 calories!

teff 03-13-2010 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3198706)
Also, in a pinch I opt for Subway Salad--lol, with or without the chicken! Without the chicken or cheese, the salad is under 100 calories!

Haha, that sounds pretty good in a pinch, like if you just need to eat SOMETHING right now and don't actually have any calories for it. But sometimes I can't help thinking of my food purchases as $ per calorie, and in that case, that is one crazy expensive salad ;)

Renwomin 03-18-2010 10:36 AM

I had a Mediterranean Salmon Salad at Panera's the other day and it was very tasty! It has Salmon, Mandarin Oranges, Almonds, Red Onions, Romaine Lettuce, Field Greens, Kalmata Olives, Feta Crumbles, and a "Tangerine Orange Blossom Honey Vinaigrette". The calories listed on the Panera site is 480 calories. You can get that lower if you opt out on some of the ingredients. Eliminating the feta for instance we lower the calorie count to 400.

Thank you, thank you for the stats on the salads it is such a time saver for me!

AnnieDrews 03-18-2010 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thighs Be Gone (Post 3198706)
There is a great place that just opened near me. It's called Salad Creations. You go in and pick your greens (4 types of lettuce or spinach) then you pick your toppings, then your protein, then your dressing. It is so awesome. They have salmon, chick peas, black beans, all sorts of things. They also have balsamic vinegar as a dressing choice. I LOVE IT!

I am unsure if Salad Creations is a chain--it seems like it would be. Also, in a pinch I opt for Subway Salad--lol, with or without the chicken! Without the chicken or cheese, the salad is under 100 calories!

You know I think if someone had the money (and it looks like LOTS is needed) to open a franchise (they offer them on their website), this would be an awesome investment. I hope they open one here soon!!