Question about oatbran

• I eat rolled or steel cut oats daily but am looking for oatbran to make muffins that supposedly good for lowering cholesterol. I am not familiar with oatbran...is it ground fine like flour?....where do you buy it?
    thanks!
  • It is very fine and light much like flour. I buy it in the organic bulk bin section of the grocery store. It's good in bread too.
  • Ok I don't have a recipe for oatbran muffins but you can make an awesome oatbran banana breakfast. My kids love it, I love it, and even my picky hubby likes it!

The recipe is here: http://www.recipezaar.com/Oat-bran-B...-for-One-55286
  • I mix oatbran with cream of wheat for my breakfast cereal. Haven't used it for cooking though.
  • Quaker makes oatbran. You should be able to find it with the cooked cereals in the grocery store.
  • I love oat bran....little flakes of oaty goodness . Over the summer I was eating it ~ 3 nights a week for dinner and it bound me up something fierce! Way too much fiber for me but in baked goods probably not so much a worry . I find it in the bulk bins or in the cereal aisle.
  • Isn't all that fiber supposed to have the OPPOSITE effect on ya?
  • I buy Trader Joe's Toasted Oat Bran. Eat it most every day!
  • Quote: Isn't all that fiber supposed to have the OPPOSITE effect on ya?
    Nope - there's such a thing as too much which can cause bloating, cramping, constipation, etc. It's all about balance!