Artificial Butter Flavoring

• Wonder if anyone uses this? I was thinking about using it in oatmeal, maybe in rice while cooking.
  • I use it to stretch my butter. never alone or as the sole butter flavoring...It stretches nicely.
  • I would be concerned with the ingredients in the butter flavor...in small amounts real butter will not hurt you...in the recommended amounts it is actually good for you.
  • Just wanted to update that I tried the butter flavoring in oatmeal. I added it after taking it off the fire. I'm not sure I could really taste "butter" in the oatmeal, but it sure gave off a lovely aroma and that helped. I also added some Splenda/brown sugar to it and it tasted really good.

Let me know if anyone else has used this in another way. (The package suggested using it in cornbread muffins.)
  • I have used butter flavoring but what I really like is the butter flavored popcorn salt. I sprinkle it over my baked potatoes or cooked vegetables. It does, of course have almost as much sodium as salt but I use it to replace both the salt and butter when I use it.
  • What exactly do you mean by butter flavoring? Is it a liquid or like the sprinkles you put onto popcorn?

I use butter spray (non-fat) and I also use 5-calorie Smart Squeeze. I am a HUGE advocate of whole foods but do have my cheats. This is one of them! I spray my veggies before I grill them. I also spray airpopped popcorn with the butter spray and then put on the 2 calorie sprinkles.
  • ThighsBe-It is an extract, like vanilla flavoring. Here is a link to the product I bought. I'm thinking there could be lots of uses for it. It sure made my oatmeal smell divine!

http://www.adamsextract.com/product.asp?ProductID=10684

**This is not the powdered butter flavoring that was causing a health scare to workers who inhaled it in factories where it was used to make microwave popcorn, etc.