3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   !!!eggs!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/190701-eggs.html)

Patchouligroove 01-12-2010 05:44 PM

!!!eggs!!!

Hey so I had a question I eat eggs in the morning and usually just scrambled, but now I'd like to eat like one whole egg and one egg white. Will the yoke from the egg white keep till the next day if I put it in a container. I just don't want to waste that one yoke and throw it away each day when I can use it the next day. Anyone know???

Peace Love and Gaga

Walk, Walk Fashion baby work it move that ***** crazy!

Patchouligroove 01-12-2010 06:39 PM

Wow I got moved guess that showed me snap snap! Lol

Peace Love and Gaga!

Aclai4067 01-12-2010 06:46 PM

i have no idea about saving the yolk, but really, when are you going to eat just a yolk? Maybe try buying a carton of egg whites to add to your whole egg.

Patchouligroove 01-12-2010 06:56 PM

No my point is see I take a whole egg then and egg white then save the yolk and repeat the steps each day. That way I wouldn't be eating just a yolk. So it'd be a process each day take a white save a yolk, use the saved yolk the next day with a new egg white and save that yolk and so on.

Peace Love and Gaga!

mayness 01-13-2010 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patchouligroove (Post 3091830)
No my point is see I take a whole egg then and egg white then save the yolk and repeat the steps each day. That way I wouldn't be eating just a yolk. So it'd be a process each day take a white save a yolk, use the saved yolk the next day with a new egg white and save that yolk and so on.

Now I'm entirely confused.

So the first day, you eat one whole egg and one egg white, and save one yolk.

The second day, you eat what? The same thing? Now you've got 2 yolks sitting in the fridge. And so on...

Regardless, if you do have a use for the yolks... this site says you can store them in a bowl of water for 1-2 days. And I know you can freeze them, but you have to add either sugar or salt to stabilize them.. I can't remember how much, I've never actually done it. If you have a dog, or any of your friends/family do, a lot of people feed them the yolks because it's supposedly good for their coats.

Aclai4067 01-13-2010 12:12 PM

If you're using 2 whites and 1 yolk per day you're going to end up with a lot of extra yolks sitting in that fridge. Think through your math sweetie

ars 01-13-2010 01:43 PM

Have you considered just buying the egg whites in the carton? You could use your 1 whole egg, and the carton egg white, then there would be no waste.

Patchouligroove 01-14-2010 12:20 AM

No I meant ok so I take an whole egg and use it and then another egg and just use the white then I have one yolk. So the next day I have one yolk and new egg which i use the white only to mix and save the yolk from that one and I have one yolk left for the next day. Thank you for the saving info though Mayness. I don't want all egg whites cause I like the yolk too and read its ok to have a whole egg and a white.

Peace Love and Gaga!

ennay 01-14-2010 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars (Post 3093330)
Have you considered just buying the egg whites in the carton? You could use your 1 whole egg, and the carton egg white, then there would be no waste.

There is just as much waste, you just dont see it in your home.

It is cheaper and fresher to buy eggs and throw the yolks away than to use the just whites.

I use 3 whites plus a whole egg most days and havent really found a good use for the yolks. Most recipes that use a lot of yolks would kind of negate the point of not eating them with my breakfast. I've heard you can condition your hair with them or something, but not tried it.

BlueToBlue 01-14-2010 12:45 AM

I always save my unused egg yolks in the fridge, just in case a use for them comes up. Sometimes my SO will eat them. If I'm making an omelet or scrambled eggs, I sometimes mix the yolk with 2 tbsp egg beaters to get a whole egg. Sometimes a use doesn't come up and I end up throwing them out. They last about a week or so in the fridge.

Aclai4067 01-14-2010 10:49 PM

I understand that you like to use the whole egg, but you're going to end up with a lot of extra yolks this way. But if you by the carton of egg whites AND whole eggs then you add a little egg white to your whole egg, then you save yourself both the trouble of separating the white yourself and the build-up of extra yolks in your frig.

Sanna Maria 01-15-2010 02:18 PM

I guess you could use egg yolks as hair conditioner if you don't want to use them for eating.

Munchy 08-25-2014 01:39 PM

Leftover egg yolk recipes

mimsyborogoves 08-25-2014 09:53 PM

YOU GUYS.

She's not going to end up with an excess of yolks. Her idea is as follows:

Day 1 = 1 whole egg + 1 egg white, save the yolk from the second egg
Day 2 = Yolk from yesterday's egg + 1 egg white
Day 3 = See day 2.

With this system, she'd never have extra yolks.

nonameslob 08-25-2014 10:01 PM

^^^true but it is no different from using one egg lol

Also this is a super old thread. I wonder how she made out :P