3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   I Want PIZZA!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/190700-i-want-pizza.html)

justbeu 01-12-2010 05:44 PM

I Want PIZZA!!!

My goodness....I am CRAVING pizza. Does anyone have a GOOD FOR YOU recipe along with the calorie counts that they are willing to share? I don't want to cave....

Thanks,
Gwen

Aclai4067 01-12-2010 05:47 PM

I don't have a recipe, but sometimes I get the Lean Cuisine or SmartOne's cheese pizza and put my own fresh toppings on it to make it more satisfying.

Thighs Be Gone 01-12-2010 05:52 PM

Do you have a Papa Murphys close to you???

I eat pizza every Friday night and plenty of it. I have them make me a vegetarian gourmet with red sauce--and get this--I ask them to hold the cheese. Honestly, there are so many fantastic things on the top of this I never miss the cheese. It may be worth a try.

zarra 01-12-2010 06:00 PM

AH! Don't even say that word! ;)

I make my own whole wheat dough, roast some veggies, TINY amount of cheese, tomato sauce........heaven.

westernsoutherngirl 01-12-2010 06:05 PM

So I made this for lunch today:

1 Flat out wrap (130 c)
grilled chicken (50 c)
1/8 cup pizza sauce (Continda brand 15 c)
mushrooms and spinach (30 c)
1/8 cup 2% mozz cheese ( 35 c)

ladyrider72472 01-12-2010 06:40 PM

A Lender's whole wheat bagel (in the refrigeration aisle--usually) have 3pts (b/c of the fiber)

Load it with veggies, some sauce and some cheese. Normally it is about 5-6 points depending on the amount of cheese. It is pretty filling..... if you are counting calories, I would estimate at about 200-400 calories (for two small pizzas), again depending on the cheese. You could put some low fat meat or something on it if you wanted.

I *think* it is a bit healther than a frozen one b/c of the sodium and you have fresh veggies.

Hope this helps.

skinnyin2010 01-12-2010 09:59 PM

did someone say PIZZA?????!!!! :drool::D

MapleLeaf 01-13-2010 09:14 AM

Here's what I have when I'm really craving pizza:

1 light multi-grain english muffin (100)
1/4 cup part skim mozzarella cheese (85)
4 tablespoons tomato sauce (40-60)
veggies (20-50)

Split the english muffin in half and lightly toast in. Then put it on a baking sheet and top with the tomato sauce, cheese, and vegetables. Broil this for about 5-10 minutes, until the cheese melts.

You can eat both halves for around 245-295 calories. I usually put some mushrooms and broccoli on mine.

If you want to make it even lower calorie, you can substitute the mozzarella for fat-free ricotta cheese. :)

playfullyme 01-15-2010 02:30 AM

I make pizza on pitas! From what I recall, it was relatively good calorie wise. As a matter of fact, next time I am meal planning we are gonna do a "Make Your Own Pizza" night. I will have chicken, jalapenos, tomatos, cheese, sauce, and then for my husband and the rest of the family other meats and veggies.

Best part about this for me was that I only had to microwave it. However, I will be doing it in the oven this next time.