Chocolate Tea -- Finally Found It!

• Drinking flavored teas dispel most of my cravings for sweets. Usually, I brew up a pot and mix in some vanilla-flavored stevia. My favorite tea right now: yerba mate chocolate spice tea. It's super yummy and does taste like chocolate. I recently ran out of all the holiday teas -- those are my favorite -- and am desperate for anything that tastes like the yummy desserts I cannot have.

I wish I could find more teas flavored like sugar cookies and candy canes, but alas, it looks like I'll have to wait for next Christmas. I know TJ's used to sell a chocolate tea, but it looks like they discontinued it. Does anyone have any suggestions for teas that taste like desserts that are sold year round? I need all the help I can get smashing my cravings!
  • I googled "dessert tea" and so many sites came up selling different flavored dessert teas.
  • I am on my last boxes of my holiday teas, which I absolutely adore!! They have been a life saver!

I guess I'm going to have to google dessert teas and find something new! If you find something good, please recommend it!
  • the apricot ceylon tea at coffee bean is quite good.

i love chamomile with vanilla and honey tea. I always have it in the evening; it satisfies any food cravings when I'm not hungry.
  • Stash's makes a chocolate tea.
  • Maybe since you're having trouble finding the flavored teas you'd like, you could flavor the teas yourself.

DaVinci makes sugar-free syrups ( 0 calories, 0 carbs) that you can use to flavor coffee, tea, water and even use in baking. It comes in lots of flavors including some seasonal like gingerbread, eggnog, pumpkin, toasted marshmellow and regular ones like chocolate (reg & white), raspberry, toffee, kahlua, dulce de leche, Irish creme, german chocolate cake, cookie dough and more - there's about 40 flavors in all. I mix some of them together to make my own flavor ( like chocolate & raspberry). It comes in 750 ml bottles (wine bottle size) so it lasts a long time. There are different brands out there like Torani also.

I order the DaVinci online from Netrition - they have a flat shipping charge of $4.95 no matter how much you order or what it weighs (which comes in handy with the weight of the bottles of syrup). It's sold other places and you probably can find it at a local store as well.
  • I love celestial seasonings almond rose... seriously tastes like a slice of almond cake. Comes in a very cute box as well. I think you can use their site to find where specific flavors are sold in your area. They have a chocolate raspberry tea, and well their site lists detailed descriptions of each tea. Generally their tea is very delicious, and their company is nice and generous. When I was a kid I wrote them a letter saying how much I love their teas and they sent me tons of coupons for free tea and half off. Love them !
  • One of my favorites is Yogi Tea Mayan Cocoa spice..chocolatey and spicy and yummy.
  • Thanks for all the suggestions! I never thought of adding flavored (sugar free) syrups to my tea -- fantastic idea! And I'll have to hunt down some of the CS flavors mentioned; almond rose sounds really yummy! Looks like I'll have an easier time taming my cravings than I originally thought!
  • I second the Yogi Mayan Cocoa Spice! Also the Yogi Thai Sweet Delight is very good, and my son likes Celestial Seasonings English Toffee and Madagascar Red. Those last two are a little too sweet for me though. I used to like it sweeter than I do now.
  • Found the yogi chocolate spice tea today at Whole Foods - can't wait to try it! Yum!
  • Okay now I have tried the yogi mayan cocoa spice tea and I love it!!!! But I seem to be the only person still on this thread! LOL!
  • Mmm, Mayan Cocoa spice. I need to restock!!