Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 11-05-2012, 07:54 PM   #31  

Default You gotta be careful at Appleby's!

Just to let you guys know, I do love Appleby's but you really do have to remind the waiter and tell him to WRITE IT DOWN that you are ordering one of the low-fat/calorie meals, because I've had to send mine back before--why? The steak or fish had butter/oil all over it! My husband just refuses to go back because he hates the trouble of doing this, but it's a good place to eat, so sometimes my daughter and I go. I do have to remind them, though, NOT to put any oil or butter on anything on my plate! I have also found this problem at Ruby Tuesday's, which has a wonderfully tasty, tender lil sirloin served with "grilled" zucchini or broccoli, but has come to the table not only swimming in butter, but once, they even included a sauce cup of melted butter with my grilled shrimp!! I just tell them NO fats! Only lemon juice or beef broth, with plenty of spices--the sirloin at RT is still just perfect! It is worth the effort to nicely tell them what you need; do NOT assume, just because the menu says a plate is "low-calorie, low-fat" or "Weight Watchers" that you are getting just that! Cooks get in a hurry to get that plate out and often just don't care that they are adding calories and fat to the plates of people who are actually coming in their place because they believe there are healthy choices available! I've lost nearly 200 pounds in 16 months so I'm not just "talkin' outta the side of m'mouth' here!
FoodJunkieRose is offline   Reply With Quote