Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 11:11 AM   #16  

Smile Harmony//Cereal for Women

My favorite cold cereal is Harmony by General Mills... It is low-fat has many of the vitamins and minerals important to womens nutritional needs including soy... I especially enjoy it with Vanilla Soy milk and some sliced fruit... But it is great plain too and does not require any additional sweetner...

Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds is my second and
Total with Brown Sugar ( this one is packed with vitamins)

Last edited by arosenpa; 09-23-2002 at 12:54 PM.
Old 09-29-2002, 10:13 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 235/194/140

Height: 5'7

Angry

I've tried Uncle Sam cereal and wasn't too crazy about it. I think I made some muffins with it. (Like bran muffins)
I have tried the Kashi and have some "good friends" in the kitchen. I've been kinda scared to try it... besides, I make carrot/apple juice in my Juiceman juicer in the mornings and would rather have that than the cereal.

I bet if you put some raisins in the Uncle Sam cereal it would be kinda like raisin bran. Mmmmmm.
Old 10-02-2002, 05:43 PM   #18  

i am trying the kashi go lean crunch tomorrow morning for breakfast. i hope i like it. !
Old 10-20-2002, 09:23 AM   #19  
Body-for-Lifer

Corn Pops are surprisingly healthy. I was surprised when I looked at the Nutrition Facts. I was going to get Honey Bunches of Oats but saw these on sale, looked at the label, and put the Bunches back! It had alot of vitamins and not much of anything bad for you. It tastes awesome too
Old 10-21-2002, 09:34 AM   #20  

Default Kashi cereal

I have bought Kashi at Wal~Mart
Old 10-21-2002, 09:28 PM   #21  
missaprylj

Really? Wow... I'm going to go look at the website. Thanks again, to everyone for posting. THANK YOU ALL. Peace. -Apryl

Old 10-22-2002, 09:01 AM   #22  
RonaldMcDonald's LuvChild

How about cereal for munching out of the box - as a snack? Any particularly good for this. I'm not doing skin milk or the alternatives but I'd like to just chow on a couple handfuls of something crunchy.

Not too crunchy tho! My dad and I went up to Bread & Circus for the first time - it's a whole foods supermarket. I remembered that Kashi was recommended as a high fiber good tasting cereal. So when I saw a box - we grabbed it.

Must have been in the wrong aisle. When I got it home I took a handful and tried crunching on it with some cottage cheese. I would have had to have been a horse to digest it! Looked at the box again and it's Kashi Pilaf! Well, knock me over with a feather!

I had noticed it said breakfast on the side of the box - but I didn't know you had to COOK IT first!

Soooo - to make a long story longer - I cooked up a pouch (nuked it for 28 minutes at 8 power) and it tasted great! I like it much better than oatmeal and I got about five portions out of it. My dad had it with molasses and thought it was super, too. (Dad swears that a bag of wild birdseed would do the same thing! LOL)
Old 10-24-2002, 11:14 AM   #23  

MultiGrain Cherrios are great with or without milk
Old 10-24-2002, 05:37 PM   #24  

Thanks Precious! And they probably won't break your teeth like Grape Nuts and some of the other crunchy cereals.

Anyone make a mix of cereals and keep it low fat/high fiber? Hmm - how would ya do that? The usual Superbowl mixes probably have bookoo margarine.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:45 PM   #25  

I LOVE KASHI! I eat Kashi Go Lean, it's great in yogurt or as a traditional breakfast cereal, I also love raisen bran, and All Bran.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:11 AM   #26  

Kira, hi again! LOL I'll try the GoLean next time. Went for the Kashi Cinna-Raisin Crunch (10 grams of our friend, fiber) first and I think it's one of the best cereals I've ever tasted! (Used to like Cap'n Crunch Peanut Butter Cereal but it would take off the roof of my mouth after a couple bites.)
Old 10-26-2002, 10:34 AM   #27  

Hey Rusty! I can't wait to try the Kashi Cinna-Raisen Crunch!
Old 11-17-2002, 06:33 PM   #28  
BLH

My vote is for Puffins! The "lightly sweetened" is great with yogurt.
Old 11-18-2002, 08:10 AM   #29  

I've been tossing a handful of Grape Nuts into my ff yogurt in the morning. Love the texture and there's lots of fiber in Grape Nuts. My Dad also mentioned that he sprinkles Grape Nuts on his salads and I tried it recently. It was great - like Baco-Bits but healthy! I put the cereal into a shaker (an old Parmesan Cheese shaker) and sprinkle them on while I'm eating.
Old 12-12-2002, 06:55 PM   #30  
READY~ SET~ GO!!!

I like Honey Bunches of Oats.
Closed Thread