Holiday Meals?

• In order to support my new, healthy lifestyle, my family has put me in charge of cooking on Christmas. What are some of your favorite healthy holiday recipes? Anything (appetizers, desserts, entrees, sides) would be appreciated! Thanks in advance
  • I've been looking around for some as well...

I found this section that has holiday recipes sticky-ed:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/sout...h-recipes-114/
  • Oooh, thank you, Emma!
  • Oh thank you for this! I just found out I have to cook a Thanksgiving meal for 15! funfun!!
  • Here's a tip - to make flavorful mashed potatoes without all the fat (whether you add butter, cream cheese, sour cream or whatever) sprinkle in some of the powdered ranch dressing mix. It doesn't make your potatoes taste like ranch (unless you use a lot) but it makes their flavor REALLY good!

Also stick to pumpkin pie (and if you want you can sub graham cracker crust for the pastry crust), it's fairly healthy compared to the other double crust fruit pies or cobblers.
  • Vegan Stuffing
    Quote: Oh thank you for this! I just found out I have to cook a Thanksgiving meal for 15! funfun!!
    I made the most amazing Vegan and very healthy stuffing and got rave reviews from even the meat eaters.

PM me if you would like the recipe.

L