3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Kashi Frozen Dinners (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/182480-kashi-frozen-dinners.html)

festivus 09-23-2009 03:29 PM

Kashi Frozen Dinners

Have you tried these? They are fantastic! I had the pasta primavera for lunch today, and the veggies tasted fresh and the pasta was perfectly cooked. Not to mention that it's all whole grain etc.

Decent calorie-wise too.

pintobean 09-23-2009 03:42 PM

I tried one a while back. I don't remember what particular entree it was but I found it very tasteless and lacking in flavor. I haven't tried pasta primavera though. Glad you liked it :).

festivus 09-23-2009 04:03 PM

Do you remember which one it was pintobean?

marbear24 09-23-2009 04:33 PM

I like them. They're very expensive though, so I still buy Smarty Ones :)

jefferzzzz 09-23-2009 04:35 PM

I wanna try the sweet and sour chicken one!

festivus 09-23-2009 04:50 PM

I got mine on sale for $2.50, which is great!

yoyoma 09-23-2009 05:40 PM

I have the thai coconut chicken ones for quick meals for my daughter. Not so much for the calorie control, but for the whole grain nutrition. It's very hard to find a pre-prepared meal that has whole grain and a decent amount of veggies, but these seem pretty nutritious (and tasty!).

HaleyisLove 09-23-2009 09:31 PM

I just got the pizza at the grocery store... I hope it tastes somewhat like pizza... I'm keeping my fingers crossed

Hamoco350 09-23-2009 10:22 PM

I've never tried those .. the only Kashi product I've tried is the bars - I believe I purchased chocolate coconut. It was awesome! The chocolate was actually fruit and cocoa mixed together .. so healthy and yummy. :)

I'm with marbear - Smart Ones are delicious and not too expensive.

pintobean 09-24-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by festivus (Post 2939934)
Do you remember which one it was pintobean?

Unfortunately, no :(. I never bought Kashi entrees again after those couple that I tried and were meh. I remember it had some wild rice in it and snow peas. But, I bet a lot of them do :). Maybe, next time I go to the store I'll look at the entrees and it might help me remember. I'm glad you liked them and found a great deal. Frozen entrees help a lot when you really need something quick.

blueberry3 09-29-2009 05:58 PM

Yeah I'm sure they're really good- most things by Kashi are! but they are a bit pricey I think. I would rather stick to Stouffer's...

wendyland 09-30-2009 11:14 AM

I really like them. Especially the ones that have southwestern flavors. They go on sale at my grocery store pretty often, so I stock up. They actually fill me up. Most frozen entrees leave me hungry and wishing for more.