3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Salmon Burgers (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/177897-salmon-burgers.html)

gailr42 07-29-2009 11:12 PM

Salmon Burgers

Check this out:
http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product...odid=11471600#

I bought these at a Costco store. I think they were around $12 for 12 patties. I don't know why it is so much higher on the website - shipping, maybe.

Anyway, I love the burgers. They taste delicious and are very convenient. I had been eating Talapia, but wanted something healthier Omega 6-wise.

Each burger has 170 calories.

Idealmuse 07-30-2009 12:09 AM

I LOVE LOVE these too.

We buy 2 bags every other time we go to costco!!

canadia 07-30-2009 12:24 AM

I love these! I eat them all the time. In fact, I had one for dinner! For 170 calories, it has a whopping 20 grams of protein and tastes as delicious without the bun.

ringmaster 07-30-2009 01:30 AM

those look good...thanks for confirming they are good! I will have to check if the BJs (similar wholesale club!) here has them

Deana 07-31-2009 03:32 PM

How do you all eat them? I am assuming not with ketchup and mustard lol

Hyacinth 08-02-2009 03:48 PM

Yum, I've never seen these before. I just made some salmon patties yesterday, out of canned salmon, breadcrumbs, parsley, egg, etc. They're very good.

I had mine with a lemon sauce poured over it, and I also eat them with horseradish or maybe cocktail sauce (horseradish + ketchup). I'm curious to see how others top their salmon burgers.

gailr42 08-02-2009 10:46 PM

Hyacinth, love your pic. That is exactly who I thought of when I saw the name.

Anyway, of course homemade patties are delicious - I love the ones made with canned salmon. The burgers are convenient and they do have more of a fresh fish taste than patties made with canned salmon.

I have made some kind of lemon sauce for my homemade patties. I haven't put anything on the salmon burgers from Costco. I thought about making a low cal tartar sauce or maybe something with an asian flavor. In fact, I think I am going to try a little of Trader Joe's Asian Soy/Sesame/Ginger salad dressing.

devadiva 08-03-2009 12:23 AM

If you have a Sams Club they also have a variety that is 130 calories per pattie I love them all I cook them in my George Formon{sp},Cook in about 4 to 5 min.So no extra fats I eat them plain {no bread extra} with salad I LOVE THEM GREAT sourse of protein Costco also has BOCA burgers CHEAP and they are 100 cals per burger and good protein

emileigh 08-03-2009 07:22 PM

I love salmon patties prepared like hyacinth's recipe. Although the fish taste of salmon burgers might not be as good, I would love to give them a try as a way of eating fish a couple of times a week.

chick_in_the_hat 08-07-2009 05:40 PM

I get that same brand of salmon burgers at Smart and Final. 1 bag is like $12?

I love them!! So handy - I put them grilled with onions in mixed green salad with raspberry dressing and mandarin oranges, as a burger on a bun, or in tomato or red pepper soup.

SunshineCA 08-08-2009 03:43 PM

Sounds delish! Seems like a great alternative for those days when I don't make my own. I'll have to check those out on my next trip to Costco.

Thanks for sharing! ;)

pintobean 08-09-2009 06:21 PM

BJs store has them too (different brand though). Hubby likes them. I don't like fish and usually cannot stand the smell but when he cooked it the smell was not too bad.

SunshineCA 08-13-2009 05:31 PM

Of course I forgot to look for these yesterday while I was at COSTCO. :rolleyes: I'll have to make a note to myself to remember next time.

Lyndel 08-18-2009 09:44 PM

We squeeze some lemon juice on ours, sometimes I'll add a tiny pinch of soy sauce. We don't add too much to them.

blueberry3 08-20-2009 10:16 AM

I've never heard of salmon burgers, but these sounds amazing. Definitely want to try them!