Emerald Cocoa Roast Almonds

• http://www.amazon.com/Emerald-Cocoa-.../dp/B001EQ55RW

I picked these up at the grocery the other day when I was craving chocolate. They don't have any more calories than regular almonds but OMG they are GOOD!!!

The chocolate flavor is very cocoa-ey and subtle... very nice!

Just had to share, I think they're my new favorite thing .
  • I better stay away from those. Could get me in trouble. Thanks for the idea though.
  • LOL they come in 100 calorie packs! I eat about 100 cals worth while I'm making dinner and it is definitely enough to be satisfying .
  • I agree with you MugCanDoIt...
    I rather be away from it to avoid trouble
  • I LOVE THEM! Put them in my home made trail mix!
  • I love these almonds... I have to weigh them out and lock the rest away, though!
  • I bought these the other day and they are great. They do come in 100 cal packs, so you do have to have some control. I allow myself one a day for afternoon snack.
    Last night I was having a real craving for chocolate, nothing in the house!!!!
    I took a fiber one vanilla yogurt and added 1 teaspoon of plain unsweetened cocoa powder and mixed really well. One tablespoon of this cocoa was about 20 calories so 1 teaspoon would be like 7 calories. Yogurt was 50 calories together 57 calories. This was great, had fiber, sweet taste from the vanilla yogurt and satisfied my need for chocolate.
  • I unfortunately can't try them being they have artificial sweeteners in them, they put that crap in everything these days, drives me INSANE! So I'll just stick to PLAIN JANE almonds. Sigh...
  • Quote: I unfortunately can't try them being they have artificial sweeteners in them, they put that crap in everything these days, drives me INSANE! So I'll just stick to PLAIN JANE almonds. Sigh...
    Oh no, and I was thinking they sounded so good Oh well.
  • Yeah Julie, they have not one fake sugar, but TWO. When I read the ingredients I learned these nuts contain both sucralose (splenda) and acesulfame potassium, two artificial sweeteners. Why don't they put this info BOLDLY on the front of things instead of small print on the backside, drives me NUTS! Pun intended...
  • On Soap Box...

One of the reasons I love that fake sweeteners don't bother me at all. My husband has problems with anything but splenda, and my mother in law can't have anything but natural sugar (not even cane sugar, the only sugar she can have is natural in whole foods sugar). One thing that bothers me is its called "crap" a lot. Even my mother in law who has to be so careful understands that it has its place. Every food could be considered "crap" by someone, because it can affect that person in a negative way, that doesn't mean its is bad for everyone.

Off Soapbox...
  • I have heard these are great! We dont have them in the ghetto though (Australia). darn it.
  • I pick them up at Sam's Club - absolutely LOVE them!