Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 07-26-2009, 03:43 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 253/Maintenance/140

Height: 5'8

Pop a 100 cal bag of popcorn (or 2!) at home before you go. Let it cool in a bowl, then pour it into a plastic baggie. Bring it with you. Buy a diet coke when you get there, if you don't pack your own can as well.

Soda and popcorn for 100-200 calories. :-)

I find that a 100-cal pk lasts awhile and gives me the same satisfaction of having popcorn at the movies. I have no shame in admitting that I'm not willing to give up popcorn as part of the movie-going experience -- I don't go to the movies very often, and I enjoy doing this. Once I also put 12 sour patch kids (110 calories) in my popcorn pack as well, although that is a rarity for me. The grapes are a better idea.
WhitePicketFences is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 04:32 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitePicketFences View Post
Pop a 100 cal bag of popcorn (or 2!) at home before you go. Let it cool in a bowl, then pour it into a plastic baggie. Bring it with you. Buy a diet coke when you get there, if you don't pack your own can as well.

Soda and popcorn for 100-200 calories. :-)

I find that a 100-cal pk lasts awhile and gives me the same satisfaction of having popcorn at the movies. I have no shame in admitting that I'm not willing to give up popcorn as part of the movie-going experience -- I don't go to the movies very often, and I enjoy doing this. Once I also put 12 sour patch kids (110 calories) in my popcorn pack as well, although that is a rarity for me. The grapes are a better idea.
Great idea!
SunshineCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 03:30 PM   #18  
Marina

S/C/G: 317/286/190

Height: 5'9

This family loves our theater snacks! lol What I do is make sure my daughters have their snacks (I stop at a CVS or Walgreens and get the SAME box for $1 vs. $4 at the MT) and bring my own as well. Here are a few of my standby's:

sliced apples (a little container of ff caramel dipping sauce if I am REALLY craving)
light cheese sticks
1-2 Organic lollipops (small but I get the sour and savor them! Kids love them also!)
100 Calorie Oreo's
Plain Pretzel (I split this w/ one of my daughters)
Coke Zero (We buy $1 refill cups at our favorite theater and they just started serving CZ here- we dont drink any kind of soda at home so this is a treat for ALL of us)

I love the 100 calorie popcorn idea- my husband would love that being that he is our popcorn fanatic! lol

Last edited by ThickAZChick; 09-02-2009 at 03:31 PM.
ThickAZChick is offline   Reply With Quote