what's your favorite 'healthy' food?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • mine is CELERY AND PEANUT BUTTER. i just can't get enough of it! i think its the peanut butter that satisfies my sweet tooth, cause i was never much of a celery fan. im hooked, i think i need to join a support group, other than this one lol
  • I never thought of peanut butter as a healthy food, but I only like Jiff creamy and lots of it.

My favorite healthy food(s) are:
    strawberries and blueberries
    low fat yogurt
    Light vanilla soymilk
    Kashi Go Lean cereal
    onions
    green peppers
    broccoli
    zucchini
    sweet-potato
    whole wheat, low-carb tortillas
    laughing cow cheese
    low-fat Triscuits
    boneless chicken breast
    balsamic vinegar
    and of course the very healthy, dark chocolate

Just to name a few
  • Popcorn wins for most favorite.

Runners up:
    Peaches, all berries, and red seedless grapes
    Nonfat greek yogurt
    Garlic and Onion
    Whole wheat couscous
    Whole wheat mini bagels
    No sugar added lowfat ice cream (my one truly additive-and-sweetener filled indulgence...I have some nearly every night with berries or other fruit).
  • roasted cauliflour--you can eat lots and lots if you want!
  • Lately it's grapes.
  • i second the cauliflower! its also great mashed stead of potatoes.

and i looove Arrowhead Mills steel cut oats.

um.. and..u definitely can't go wrong with some dark chocolate as mentioned above.

Beans/lentils. amazing. fiber protein. all natural..super good.

watermelon. although i dont know how healthy it is if you eat the entire one half of one in a sitting.. so i do have to watch it with the stuff.. but its super yum healthy food. Peaches and raspberries also amazing. OKay i'm making myself hungry now. gotta go get a snack!!
  • Fruits in general (lychees, Ranier cherries, and watermelon in particular) are my weakness, and I can eat them well past the quantities that could be considered healthy.

Every year, it's become a bit of a tradition that my first pound of Ranier cherries is eaten in a 24 hour period. It aggravates my IBS, and I ration portions more carefully (but still a bit excessively) until the season is over. Luckily it's a short season, because I eat way too many. It usually doesn't hamper weight loss, but it really aggravates the IBS. It's insane to eat something to the point it gives me digestive trouble, but they're just so insanely good.

Pea tendrils (leaves and shoots of garden peas, chinese pea pods or snap peas) are one of my favorite summer veggies. I stir fry it alone or with a bit of meat, or steam it (you can use it like spinache and other greens).

In general, I just love summer and fall, because the farmer's market is like a produce candy store. So much variation, and so many colors, flavors, and textures. Mmmmm.
  • pita, peanut butter isnt that great for you true cause its fat but good fat, kinda like avocado. but good healthy food choices ladies, now im gettin hungry. pita have u ever had sweet potato fries? u can do they homemade just cut into slivers, brush with olive oil, and bake. makes u feel like your not even eating healthy!
  • Asparagus
    Avocado
    Edamame
    Peanut butter (natural, no sugar)
    Hummus
  • In the summer, it's tomato with basil. Just had this for dinner tonight -- yum!
    • oat bran
    • peanut butter
    • nuts
    • Greek yogurt
    • cottage cheese mixed with Greek yogurt
    • raspberries
    • spring/summer fruit (apricots, nectarines, cherries, blueberries, peaches, plums, pluots, melons)
    • cookies made out of almond meal
    • Meg's Fiber One Muffins
    • nonfat, low-sugar frozen yogurt
  • Tomato with basil

peaches

Greek yogurt

Dark chocolate
  • Barbara, where do you buy your low-sugar nonfat frozen yogurt and what brand is it?
  • I have so many, but if I had to pick just one I'd say cucumbers. I feel so refreshed after eating one.
  • Bananas
    Chickpeas (hummus!)
    Lean ground turkey
    Oatmeal
    Spinach salad
    Tomatoes
    Yogurt (used in place of everything from butter to mayo!)
    Zucchini