Merita Lite Wheat Hamburger Buns

• Occasionally I like to buy Merita Lite Wheat Hamburger Buns to freeze for those times when I want a hamburger or a hot ham and cheese sandwich. I went months without buying them but started looking for a new package in the middle of June. Well, I can't find them anywhere and I want some!

Does anyone know if they quit making them? Can anyone recommend another light wheat bun?

Thanks,
  • Arnold makes wheat sandwich thins that are good. They have 100 calories, 1g of fat, and 5g each fiber and protein. DH loves Aunt Millie's brand whole wheat hamburger buns - they've got 140 calories per, so quite a bit more than what you're used to. I've not seen a lighter version of them in my stores. Trader Joe's, if you've got one near, has very good wheat buns also, at 110 calories per.
  • Thanks, Bacilli

I miss my Merita Lite Wheat Hamburger buns. I have not been able to find the Arnold's but will keep looking. I keep hearing of Trader Joe's on the forum but we do not have one close.
  • I don't know if this will help you or anyone else... but I found some "Slider buns" made by Pepperidge Farm (I think) a few days ago, with 100 calories each. They're not lighter or lower calorie, just... smaller. They make plain and wheat. They're great if you make your own burgers - I made little ones with 2 oz of meat (raw weight) and 1/4 slice of cheese on top and it was a fabulous size. Of course, if you buy burgers already formed, they probably wouldn't fit on the buns.