Iced Green Tea recipes?

• I was wondering if anyone has any great tasting Iced Green Tea recipes? I have heard that Green Tea is an excellent source to help with losing weight, and I love the Arizona Green Tea but that is very expensive to buy all the time.
  • Hi Knc Mama,

it's very easy to make green ice tea: just make up a cup or two of VERY STRONG green tea, then add 1 1/2 litres of water (=about 3 lb) and sweetener to taste. You might add: 1/2 glass of your favorite juice, lemon etc.

Greekgirl
  • If you're used to drinking the Arizona bottled green tea, you're probably in for a bit of a shock if you try real actual loose leaf green tea. The tea is green, not amber (like the Arizona) and in my personal opinion, it's yucky. And it smells like two day old broccoli water. Most people who think they like green tea are actually drinking the more plesant "Americanized" version. Every time one of my health nut friends goes on about the benefits of green tea and how much they love it and blah blah blah, it usually turns out they're drinking the Americanized version too. Oh well.

ANYWAY, I REALLY like Celestial Seasonings Decaf Mandarin Orange Green Tea (green box with panda on it), available at most grocery stores. It's amber and less bitter than actual green tea but it still retains some of the more plesant aspects of the green tea taste. I just follow the iced tea directions on the box and I sweeten with Splenda. I LOVE it.

As for the weight loss effects of full on green tea, from what I've read it may or may not increase the number of calories you burn by about 7% if you drink (I think) 8 cups a day.

Hope this helps.