Snack Help-Three hour diet

• So yeah, I've started doing the three hour diet since a week now, its working well, but I really don't know what to eat when it comes to snacks, i grab a biscuit or any kind of fruit when its snack time. But now I'm really lost and I need to go shopping and get some snacks, otherwise I lose interest in the diet.

Ideas? please anything is very much appreciated!!
  • Not sure what the "3 hour diet" is, but if you look around here you will see lots of ideas for snacks. The best ones that will "stick with you" combine protein, "non-white" carb and maybe a little fat. For example: a string cheese stick with a piece of fruit, raw veggies with hummus and maybe a few whole grain crackers, etc.
  • I look for snacks that I can put in my purse like string or individually packaged cheese, apples, oranges, celery and peanut butter, crackers, anything low in calories and individually package makes good for snacks. Good luck.
  • Thanks alot
  • Here are some of my favorite snacks:
    • Oatmeal, oatbran, or other hot cereal
    • Omelets made from 1/4 cup of eggbeaters. Fillings can be veggies (try mushrooms, spinach, roasted red pepper, artichokes, etc.), low fat cheese (try Laughing Cow cheese wedges), or lean meat (e.g., deli ham), or a combination. I also like omelets filled with 1/2 serving of refried beans and topped with salsa.
    • Cottage cheese or yogurt or a mixture of both. Sometimes topped with fruit. Sometimes mixed with a little cinnamon and sweetener.
    • Meg's Fiber One Muffins
    • Ilene's protein pancakes, with FF cream cheese or topped with fruit. Sometimes I drop a few banana slices in when I'm cooking them.
    • Flavored tuna (like BumbleBee's Tuna Sensations), sardines, or kippered herring on low cal crackers.
    • Low-cal wrap with Laughing Cow Cheese wedge and lean deli meat or refried beans.
    • Mini-bagel with cream cheese
    • Fruit--Sometimes I just eat it plan, sometimes I make a dip out of FF cream cheese and a little sweetener. Yogurt would work too.
    • Veggies--sometimes I'll put together mixes of pre-chopped veggies (e.g., red pepper, fennel, and snap peas) to take with me and eat on the run (this works best if you have an insulated lunch bag to carry them in). Also, veggies dipped in a low calorie hummus is a tasty snack.
    • Yogurt Vegetable Salad: 1/4 cup yogurt, 1 tsp dijon mustard, 2.5 oz diced cucumber, 1.5 oz halved cherry tomatoes (use sun-dried tomatoes or roasted red pepper if fresh cherry tomatoes aren't available), 1/4 cup chickpeas, 1 tbsp minced fresh basil or mint, sea salt and pepper to taste.
    • Hard-boiled eggs. Sometimes I pickle them first (I save the pickle juice from storebought pickled veggies and use it to pickle my hardboiled eggs). If you don't picked eggs, just regular hard-boiled eggs also work as a snack.
    • Frozen whole-wheat waffle (toasted, of course) with FF cream cheese or 1 tbsp PB. Or for a dessert-type snack, topped with a 60-calorie pudding cup.
    • Frozen bananas. I keep a bag of frozen banana slices in the freezer all the time often just eat a couple of slices at a time. It's like eating banana ice cream. I'll also eat them with a 60-calorie pudding cup for a dessert-type snack.
  • i am doing the three hour diet also. here are some snacks i have been rotating through: (always remember to have protein with your snacks!)

Now, I don't like too cook all that much, so my snacks are easy grab and go's......I have to cook breakfast, lunch and dinner and with 3 kids that keeps me busy enough LOL
    • 1 low fat / fat free string cheese ~ 10 grapes
    • medium apple with 1 T peanut butter
    • 2 stalks celery with 1 T peanut butter
    • sugar free pudding cup
    • sugar free jello with 2 T fat free cool whip
    • 2 lite rye wasa crackers ~ 2 laughing cow spreadable cheese wedges
    • medium apple ~ 1 baby belle laughing cow cheese round
    • 1 cup fat free plain yogurt, 1 T flaxseed, 1 medium apple diced, sprinkle of cinnamon (mix all together)
    • 1 hard boiled egg ~ 1 cup V-8
    • 1 cup of minestrone soup
    • 1 cup low fat raspberry yogurt ~ handful strawberries
    • garlic bean dip ~ carrot and celery sticks (dip is just chickpeas mashed up with some minced garlic and whatever other spices)
    • banana ~ 1 T peanut butter
    • 1/2 cup low fat / fat free frozen yogurt ~ 1/2 cup frozen berries
    • 40 calorie hot dog ~ 1 piece 60 calorie bread
    • 1 pear sliced ~ drizzle sugar free chocolate syrup ~ 1/2 c skim milk
    • 1/2 banana sliced ~ 3 T ff cool whip ~ drizzle sf chocolate syrup
    • 2 cups air popped popcorn ~ 1 baby belle laughing cow cheese round
    • 3/4 c lf ricotta cheese ~ 1/2 med banana sliced ~ 1 T chopped pecans or walnuts
    • 2 T lf hummus ~ carrot and celery sticks
    • 1/2 cantaloupe cut up ~ 1 c skim milk
    • 1 low cal rice cake ~ 1 T peanut or almond butter ~ a few skinny apple slices on top
  • Organic grape tomatoes are an excellent snack.
  • My favorite snack food right now is almonds. 1 serving helps takes the grumbling out of my tummy and tastes so good. Red grapes are yummy as well.
  • Here's my go to food: sugar free strawberry jello, the 4 cup size, with 1/2 to 1 lb of fresh strawberries chopped up in it. Plus a banana, or clementines, or pineapple tidbits (canned only), or fresh peaches sliced up in it, whatever fruit I have on hand. I usually eat it straight, in any amount I want-I have eaten the entire large bowl in a day. Sometimes I add a couple tablespoons of FF cottage cheese and sprinkle with walnuts. It's been a lifesaver to find something tasty and sweet and cool-I dont think I could have lost 20 lbs (to date) without it.