Constant Vigilance

S/C/G: 150/132/<130

Height: just under 5'4"

Easy Pumpkin Pudding
  • 1 package instant fat free, sugar free pudding
  • 1 cup pumpkin
  • 1 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Mix everything together with a whisk, then divide into four single-serve tupperware containers and refrigerate until set (a couple of hours).

Makes four servings at about 75 calories each. I like to stir crushed gingerbread cookies into it. Yum!

If you don't have a use for the whole can at once, you can freeze it. I use pumpkin to make Meg's Fiber One Muffins (instead of the applesauce) but the recipe only calls for 1/4 cup. So I portion the rest of the can out into 1/4 cup baggies and freeze them. Then I can just take a baggie out of the freezer the next time I make muffins and it is all measured and ready to go (to get the pumpkin out of the baggie, let it defrost, then snip a corner of the baggie off and squeeze the pumpkin out of that corner).
BlueToBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:09 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 383/383/373/150

Height: 5'4"

I'm tellin y'all the pumpkin mixed with the chocolate cake mix is WONDERFUL! Freeze them in a large Ziploc freezer bag and just remove one and pop it in the microwave just till thawed and warm and you've got portion control.

Just mix the pumpkin and the dry mix. It will be very thick. I put it in paper lined muffin tins and bake at 350 until nicely done. Insert a toothpick or blade of a knife when it comes out mostly clean, its ready...it stays kinda moist. It makes a moist but dense muffin that is great as a snack or for a grab and go breakfast. 1 is a serving. Have with yogurt or a boiled egg (I usually have a few hard boiled and ready in the fridge) for protein and your set. Or add in some nuts protein powder, or peanut butter for protein.

You can use spice cake mix or try something different. Add oatmeal, bran, nuts, or fruit. Try it with the "diet" cake mix in the diabetic section or health food store. Or try these- Add natural applesauce to spice, white or yellow cake mix. Another to try is crushed pineapple added to white, yellow, or angelfood cake mix.

Fun to experiment with and great for those days when your usual bowl of oatmeal doesn't sound appealing or you're running short on time in the morning.

Last edited by jusfluffy; 05-30-2009 at 04:16 PM.
jusfluffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2009, 04:12 PM   #18  
Mentally ready

S/C/G: 314/266/165

Height: 5'8

I once made a really delicious pumpkin smoothy... I don't remember the recipe but I'm sure google remembers if you're interested
Beautiful Ace is offline   Reply With Quote