3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Soup! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/165601-soup.html)

aneleh 02-27-2009 06:29 PM

Soup!

I'm eating a late lunch of a can of soup today because I may be going out to a bar later. Anyway minestrone is usually my favourite, but OMG this brand of soup tastes so gross. All the veggies and pasta are so soft, you don't even need teeth to chew them! There also appears to be oil floating on the top of it (in small circles). To add insult to injury, I just read the label and yes, there are preservatives in them too. What a rip off!!! I'm sticking to my campbell's healthy request from now on!

futuresurferchick 02-27-2009 06:30 PM

:lol: This struck me as funny. Sorry your soup sucked. You should tell us the brand so we can all avoid it! Hope you have fun at the bar tonight :D

aneleh 02-27-2009 06:46 PM

It was Progresso's grilled vegetables

flatiron 02-27-2009 07:02 PM

I make a huge pot of soup every week and keep it in my fridge. I alternate between tomato, cabbage, bean and beef and Chicken and mushroom with vegetables.

I make it myself so the sodium is low and it is low calorie. I eat a bowl almost every day sometimes two.

grabec 02-27-2009 09:41 PM

http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/bar06/...8/135/175/.png

I am so glad you guys reminded me about soup. There are some really good soups to make that are very non fatting.

corazonas 02-27-2009 10:26 PM

stupid soup. i like progresso's southwest veggie (spicy mexican flavor) and italian veggie (duh, italian) they are both pretty good in my opinion. i never get the ones with chicken because i add my own or eat it without. i try to skip the ones with pasta too just cuz i don't need the cals. the mexican one has black beans and it's gooood.

jahjah1223 02-27-2009 10:31 PM

I think canned soup is always gross

futuresurferchick 02-27-2009 11:16 PM

I love canned soup, never tried that brand you had trouble with though. My favorite soup is tomato... It's one of those foods that reminds me of being a kid!

junebug41 02-28-2009 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatiron (Post 2632237)
I make a huge pot of soup every week and keep it in my fridge. I alternate between tomato, cabbage, bean and beef and Chicken and mushroom with vegetables.

I make it myself so the sodium is low and it is low calorie. I eat a bowl almost every day sometimes two.

I prefer this option. Homemade soup is cheap, easy and lasts forever with the right freeze-able storage containers. And my soup beats Progresso.... although when I'm so sick I can't move the chicken noodle will do the trick.

blissclaire 02-28-2009 01:02 AM

Homemade soup is my favorite! When we moved to our new place, we bought a freezer just so I could freeze leftover soups and meals so the nights when I don't feel like cooking, or when I don't feel well, I can just defrost and re-heat. It is sooo much yummier than canned or pre-packed frozen stuff. And SO much healthier!

rockinrobin 02-28-2009 06:40 AM

I too make a big pot of a soup every week. It's great to have on hand. I also have a rotation of different varieties that I alternate with from week to week.

LOVE soup. HOMEMADE soup, that is. :)

corazonas 02-28-2009 10:00 AM

so how do you guys make your soup? (sorry to threadjack aneleh) i'm sure i could figure something out but i don't know if i've ever made soup... just premade broth, seasoning and veggies, no?

harrismm 02-28-2009 10:19 AM

Actually soup is so easy to make.It really intimidated me at first, looks so much more complicated.I love to make black bean soup,Very easy and yummy!!

janann 02-28-2009 11:39 PM

I am partial to canned tomato soup. You can throw in rice and make it more hearty and add a little bit of basil.

My favorite homemade soup is turkey noodle, New England clam chowder or beef vegetable. I think I am going to make some tomorrow.

angeleyezx 03-02-2009 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flatiron (Post 2632237)

Recipes?
Hiya, Have you posted the recipes? or would consider doing so?

:)