lindt excellence chili dark chocolate

• Wow, this is so decadent and delish, a candy bar infused with red chili pepper. Truly amazing and a new favorite of mine, giving the upper edge over dove dark chocolates hands down. I discovered this find at Walmart, it is a big bar type chocolate that you can crack off a square or two or more.... The Swiss sure know how to make an amazingly great dark chocolate with a lil kick!
  • I got one of these bars at Christmas... it is the greatest...
  • Is it spicy hot or does it just have a bite? Sounds intriguing.
  • Thanks for holdin out on me Shannon, oh crap back in December I could have been eating this find, now ya tell me! Discovery..
  • Hey thin thighs,
    just a slight heat, no tongue burn or anything drastic, a very mild chili pepper I'd say, it is quite the combo, if your a fan of dark choccy, albeit you'll enjoy it!
  • Actually those bars have been out for a couple years...

I was obsessed with chocolate/chili mixes for a while. I actually bought a small tin the other day from Trader Joe's. For valentines day, I made spicy brownies, those were really good
  • Quote: I was obsessed with chocolate/chili mixes for a while. I actually bought a small tin the other day from Trader Joe's. For valentines day, I made spicy brownies, those were really good
    Oooohhhh ... *That* sounds good.
  • my boyfriend bought me one of those... yuuuummmmm

for me you can't beat dark chocolate and a little heat
  • I love flavored chocolate bars, I get them (or I should say used to get them) from Vosges.

They have alot of different flavors: http://www.vosgeschocolate.com/categ...hocolate_chips
  • I loooooove the Vosges chocolate bars. Especially the one with coconut and curry. It's one of the only forbidden foods I really miss. The Lindt pistachio bar is a good one too. I spent entirely too much time with chocolate in one hand and a glass of red wine in the other the past few years.
  • Quote: Thanks for holdin out on me Shannon, oh crap back in December I could have been eating this find, now ya tell me! Discovery..
    Sorry I held out on you honey! I was trying to block it our of my mind so I didn't go buy more of it!

And now I want the sweet and spicy TJ mix to try the brownies Nelie mentioned...
  • I forgive ya Shannon, but Geesh such a good find, I had to share!
  • The brownie recipe is here:
    http://pattycake.ca/node/246

The Trader Joe's thing I was talking about was actually chocolate wedges that are a mix of chocolate and chili. They came in a little round tin and are around 35 calories per piece. Soo good
  • This bar was excellent. The chili was totally unexpected but really good. There is also another one with blueberries and dark chocolate, good too..