3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Subway all footlongs $5 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/164272-subway-all-footlongs-%245.html)

beerab 02-11-2009 01:54 PM

Subway all footlongs $5

Hey all, just heard yesterday that for a limited time all the subs are $5- I think there are a few of the "premium" ones that are not $5. BUT for me I always get the turkey on wheat and was thrilled to hear it's only $5 right now (I don't really care for any of the subs on the $5 menu).

Just thought I'd pass it along :D Didn't know where to post this btw lol

:carrot:

sarahnotsega 02-11-2009 01:56 PM

Mmmm, I could totally go for a veggie on wheat right now....

beerab 02-11-2009 01:59 PM

Heck yes I am so there tonight for dinner! I've got class and there is a subway RIGHT THERE :D

Mickeypnd 02-11-2009 02:07 PM

man Im ALWAYS eating at Subway!! I get the oven roasted Chicken breast on wheat. Although I do have a question,
is American Cheese bad for you?? Cause thats the cheese I get.

RN BSN 2009 02-11-2009 02:17 PM

I usually dont get cheese. it adds calories and I don't even really taste it when im eating the sub.

Mickeypnd 02-11-2009 02:19 PM

Does anyone know of any website that has a calorie counter for subway?
and I love the cheese. Its SO yummy!

corazonas 02-11-2009 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mickeypnd (Post 2607826)
Does anyone know of any website that has a calorie counter for subway?
and I love the cheese. Its SO yummy!

subway has it's nutritional info on their site... i was there earlier :D

Jeannette311 02-11-2009 02:44 PM

I got a veggie on wheat yesterday and it was GROSS. They changed the bread since I was there. It's now a 9 grain bread that tastes different than the old wheat. =(

x0me880x 02-11-2009 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahnotsega (Post 2607784)
Mmmm, I could totally go for a veggie on wheat right now....

ME TOO! I was just begging someone to run to subway for me because I dont want to go, its rainning lol.

6in on wheat. American cheese, lettuce, tomato, olive, onion, cucumber! YUMM! I want some lol.

AngelMae 02-11-2009 05:48 PM

Mickey-If you just go to Subway.com they have all of their info!!!

I love Subway, but if I get a footlong I always want to eat it all. So I have to split it with someone else!! MMMMMmmm :p

beerab 02-12-2009 10:30 AM

I believe it's 40 calories for 2 slices of cheese, and then so if you get it on a footlong it's 80 calories- now I BELIEVE it's that number but yes you can look up all their nutrition info on their site.

I never thought about not putting the cheese on my slices (yes that's embarassing lol) but I think I'll do that next time. I've already cut out the salt, pepper, oil vinegar, and avocado and I've swapped mayo for lite mayo.

uhgabyzinha 02-14-2009 04:40 PM

I had subway twice this week! And by twice I mean 2 ft, divided by 4 meals, meaning, two full days of subway!!! Lol
I agree that you can barely taste the cheese on it, though. Next time I'll try it with no cheese. And I know we're supposed to include veggies, but I put carrots in mine and they tasted awful! They tasted like they'd been shredded at least 3 weeks beforehand.

ChrystalM 02-16-2009 06:52 AM

I LOVE subway! I don't eat out very often, but when I do I usually get the footlong (for 2 meals) oven roasted chicken with pepper jack or provolone and veggies, but instead of mayo I have been getting the mustard. It tastes good with the chicken.