Salsa - what do you do with it?

You're on Page 1 of 2
Go to
  • Love salsa, I use the thick and chunky on pasta and scrambles eggs, the thinner stuff as salad dressing.

How do you use your salsa?
  • Put it in a turkey burger! Makes it so moist and yummy.
  • I looooove salsa! I can eat it from the jar. But I like using it as a salad dressing, heated on top of chicken, with wheat thins, and even as a "sauce" on homemade pizzas!
  • Salsa is the bomb!
    I make my own homemade and use it on everything but my favorite is on pinto beans with fat-free sour cream!
  • mmm... I love salsa! Sometimes I eat it mixed in with just hamburger meat. Sometimes I add a ton of lettuce to it to make it bigger, with some things like peppers, onions, and sourcream. It's so low-calorie too! It's like the wonder sauce . Does anyone know if it keeps the health benefits you find in peppers and all the other ingredients?
  • Salsa is amazing! And sooo tasty.

I love making Salsa Chicken.

Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
    Jar of Salsa
    Add any type of vegetable or ingredient that you think will go with it. (I like peppers, extra diced tomatoes and onions, garlic, etc.)

Cook in slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.

Ta da! Salsa Chicken.
  • At first I thought you were talking about salsa DANCING, and I was thinking....what do you do with salsa? Well, I guess do it with a friend, do it in a club? LOL.

~CGH~
  • Quote: At first I thought you were talking about salsa DANCING, and I was thinking....what do you do with salsa? Well, I guess do it with a friend, do it in a club? LOL.

~CGH~
  • I dip my veggies in it. Baby carrots, string beans, sliced cukes, grape tomatoes, bell peppers. What a great, low cal item.
  • I did a search on salsa and Just Salsa magazine came up and I thought wow a whole magazine on salsa, how much can you write about salsa. It was the dancing, lol.
  • Quote: At first I thought you were talking about salsa DANCING, and I was thinking....what do you do with salsa? Well, I guess do it with a friend, do it in a club? LOL.

~CGH~
    LOL Yes. You dance salsa for an hour, and then you eat salsa chicken (made by Faerie) afterwards.

I will be salsa-ing tonight in my Zumba class.
  • I put salsa on a baked potato.

I also mix it with shrimp, cilantro, green onions, and avocado, and dip baked tortilla chips in it.
  • Quote: Salsa is amazing! And sooo tasty.

I love making Salsa Chicken.

Boneless/Skinless Chicken Breasts
    Jar of Salsa
    Add any type of vegetable or ingredient that you think will go with it. (I like peppers, extra diced tomatoes and onions, garlic, etc.)

Cook in slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.

Ta da! Salsa Chicken.

I do this too!!

Its also GREAT like this
    Salsa
    Black Beans
    Kidney Beans
    Chicken
    Corn
    Combine in Crockpot cook on low 8 hours or high for 4.
    Serve on Mission low carb tortillas with sprinkled cheese melted under the broiler (also toasts the tortilla) YUM!!!!!!!!!!!
    (or you can serve like a soft taco, eat on chips, alone in a bowl, whatever)
    Its really good and low in calories because a small serving is sooooooo filling!
  • salsa goes quick in our house. we usually have to buy 3 or 4 jars at a time. lately i've been blending it with my ranch dressing to make salsa ranch. it's really good and cuts the fat and calories in the dressing since u don't need as much.
  • The best use I've ever found for salsa is a salsa chicken pizza....using the salsa as the sauce, the chicken breast pieces as meat and 2% milk cheddar cheese on top. GOOOOOOOD stuff.