SlimFast Milk Shake - Am I the only one?

• I've found this so good and filling:

1 scoop of slimfast optima (from the powdered can)
    1 cup milk
    8-10 ice cubes, crushed

+ the fruit of the day (today was strawberries)

Mix in blender

Great alternative to the traditional milk shakes.

Anyone tried this??

Thanks!
  • I make "milk shakes" sometimes with protein powder. I'm not sure what the ingredients of the Slim Fast things are ... but I like using the protein powder because it's less expensive and I know exactly what goes in it.

• No, you are not the only one.

I now find Slimfast too high in sugar except for the low carb version but when I used to use it, I also enjoyed making healthy shakes with it that were delicious and filling. They just had too much sugar.

I just buy unsweetened protein powder now and do the same thing, but I have to agree it doesn't taste as good. I love the taste of Slimfast.

There was a little bistro across the street from a place I worked once that made Slimfast shakes and also ice cream special items and people bought them like hotcakes, very good.
  • I put a half a banana in my Slimfast shake .
  • This sounds really yummy and a great on the go breakfast. I may just have to try it. Thanks for the idea.
  • Not a slimfast fan, but love love love smoothies!

My fave is frozen blueberries, almond milk, soy powder and frozen banana.
  • Those smoothies are amazing folks. Love adding in the fruit, sometimes I'll add in a cup of strawberry yogurt if I don't have any actual strawberries.
  • I still love the canned slimfast optima in cappuccino, but they're kind of hard to find sometimes with most stores only carrying vanilla,chocolate and strawberry. But i'll definately give this a try!
  • I find that adding the ice and frozen fruits to it makes it extra filling and gives it a kick.