Food Talk And Fabulous Finds Recipes, Healthy Cooking, and General Food Topics

Old 03-19-2009, 11:03 AM   #46  
healthy chick.

S/C/G: 231/159/140

Height: 5 ft 4

A kebab! YUCK whole daily allowance of fat and calories!
chantelleypink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:32 PM   #47  

I totally agree with all the talk of Wonder Bread! That stuff has always creeped me out. I'll also never eat donair (I've never had it) bleh.

Also, my boyfriend eats cheese melted on bagels (don't know how he does it, or stay thin for that matter) the smell of full-fat melted cheddar cheese has always made me feel sick. Too much melted cheese in general is pretty gross. He is eating a lot better now though
sweet_talker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 01:39 PM   #48  
Backpedaling!!

S/C/G: 276/250/176

Height: 5'4''

I totally agree about the cheese. It totally always got on my nerves how restaurants insist on flinging cheese on top of everything, and my friends always look at me like I'm crazy when I ask for something w/o cheese. Yuck!

I will never ever eat a hush puppy ever again. Never. This ought not to be that difficult because I didn't grow up with them, I discovered them when I moved to the southern U.S. a few years ago. I had never seen them in the midwest, and that's just fine. I think they're even worse than french fries because at least fries/chips are potato. Hush puppies are just fried cornbread batter.

I'm making myself sick thinking about that garbage and how much of it I used to eat...
freshmanweightorbust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #49  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Vienna Sausages
Spam
Mac & Cheese in a can (same makers of Spaghetti O's... ick)
Pop Tarts

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:05 PM   #50  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

Leenie - I'm not sure I've ever had any of those.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:14 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

My Dad wouldn't allow Spam in our house, so I've never tasted it. Doubt I ever will.

My FIL won't eat any bread EXCEPT white! I serve ww bread or pasta and he complains! I wonder--is this why he ended up diabetic???

I've never tasted ramen. I do like oriental food, but I prefer things with some fresh meat and vegetables in it--not dried, reconstituted stuff.

I will not eat a hotdog or bologna--I hate them both. There are just too many other good things out there to eat.

Lima beans. Here is one thing that may be good for you but I sure hate them (so does my Mom--she would never buy them!).

Pickled herring. Ewww! Probably sardines as well.

Any Chef-Boy-R-Dee product. I remember eating Spaghetti-O's as a child and thought they were pretty good. I attempted to give them to my DD once when she was young and she refused. So I tasted it--and immediately threw it out and made her some REAL pasta!

I mean seriously, with all the choices out there, why would anyone chose to eat something that didn't taste good to them and that has little nutritional value?
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 167/148/130

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by figureskater546 View Post
mayonaise sandwiches...just white bread with mayo, a good 400-500 calories worth. i don't even know how I ever stomached those.

wow .... lol yuckiee
Jassica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 01:16 AM   #53  
Boston Qualifier and MOM

Height: 5'3.75"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chantelleypink View Post
A kebab! YUCK whole daily allowance of fat and calories!
Some kebabs are actually quite healthy. I've got some pork kebabs marinating right now.
ennay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 08:16 PM   #54  

Height: 5'6"

Something I will never eat again...

potted meat... eww..read the label

and

red hot dogs.. ewwww
squeak351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 11:01 PM   #55  
angelmom313

Funnel cakes, deep fried twinkies/oreos, and probably donuts...(I may have a donut every now and then...but I think my tastes will probably change and I won't want it, which is what I am hoping for).
Old 03-22-2009, 02:11 PM   #56  
Being A Better Me!

S/C/G: 211/191/150lbs

Height: 5'5"

Beef and Pork. The only reason I ever eat it is if there literally isn't anything in the house, because my family does eat it.
migotokokoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #57  
Closed

S/C/G: 244/165/137

Height: 5' 7"

I used to take that prepackaged cheese with cracker crap for lunches growing up -- you know, the small cube of processed cheese on one side with four compressed sawdust over-sweet bisuit thingees on the other side with a red plastic paddle for a knife?!!!
yech...
Kira
kiramira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 04:23 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

cookie dough. I could eat a whole tub of that stuff in the course of a day. Yelch.
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:30 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 173/in progress/140ish

Height: 5'8"

So earlier I said I would never eat a hot dog again...well, I ate one. But let me tell you the entire set of circumstances:

I was in a golf tournament yesterday. I had a healthy breakfast at 7 AM and was prepared for a 8:30 tee time. I get to the golf course and am informed it isn't a shotgun start and that my actual tee time is at 9:52. Well, it was actually later than that. Anyway, after 9 holes, my stomach is growling so bad! Water isn't helping at all. The tournament had hot dogs available for everyone at the clubhouse. So I ate one. It was included and there was no time for me to run in and order anything else. So it tasted...okay...and it helped the hunger tremendously, but I burped up the taste of hot dogs for the rest of the day. YUCK!
alinnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 05:37 PM   #60  

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

I will never eat a birthday cake by myself again.

For the record, I love me some vienna sausages. Are they actually from Vienna? Having been there I somehow doubt it.

Spam? No way, no how.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote