3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   Food you'll never ever eat again. (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/158975-food-youll-never-ever-eat-again.html)

Wolf Goddess 04-18-2009 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brown Eyed Staccie (Post 2703050)
Oh and baby carrots! They are made from deformed carrots and dipped in cholorine! That's why they get white when they get a little dry!!

I live in an area where chlorine tablets are still used to disinfect water because it's a helluva lot safer than drinking the water from the tap.

freshmanweightorbust: I have a good light chicken alfredo recipe, if you're interested.

SweetScrumptious 04-18-2009 07:15 PM

Oh I remember the snacks I used to love that my mom would buy us for school...

Although I still find them good, I am not tempted at all to buy them. I haven't had these for years:
-Pop tarts
-Gushers
-Dunkaroos
-Freezies
-Lunchables

kelly315 04-18-2009 07:22 PM

hmmm...probably soft drinks or other sugared drinks. It's so weird to drink you calories away!

rockinrobin 04-18-2009 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly315 (Post 2703957)
hmmm...probably soft drinks or other sugared drinks. It's so weird to drink you calories away!

I'm with you. I really dislike using the word never, but I think it might truly apply here. I can't fathom ever, ever drinking any of that stuff. I need to CHEW my calories.

Ija 04-18-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockinrobin (Post 2703970)
I'm with you. I really dislike using the word never, but I think it might truly apply here. I can't fathom ever, ever drinking any of that stuff. I need to CHEW my calories.

I prefer to chew my calories as well and thus have given up soda, but I make exceptions for Dogfish Head IPA and Smuttynose Porter! (and sometimes Magic Hat #9) :D

rockinrobin 04-18-2009 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drina (Post 2703991)
I prefer to chew my calories as well and thus have given up soda, but I make exceptions for Dogfish Head IPA and Smuttynose Porter! (and sometimes Magic Hat #9) :D

What in the world is Dogfish Head IPA and Smuttynose Porter and Magic Hat #9. Assuming they might be alcoholic beverages..............

I did say I would most likely never drink SUGARY drinks - alcoholic ones - those I will indulge in from time to time. ;)

Ija 04-18-2009 11:07 PM

Robin, those are my favorite craft beers... the exception to my no liquid calories rule!

Renacer 04-19-2009 12:11 PM

Our local Diner "meat lovers special" for breakfast:

Two fried eggs
2 sausages
Bacon
2 slices of ham
Home fries and toast

:dizzy:

JulieJ08 04-19-2009 12:55 PM

I think I discovered one this month - those white dinner rolls you buy all in a flat, precooked. Not the crusty kind, the soft doughy kind. Ick, it was just tasteless. I used to LOVE those,and it was just ick.

poohshunny 04-24-2009 10:02 PM

Sardines! For the life of me, I do not know how I ate those things as a child. Now, I would flip at the sight. :p

Diet pop or sweetened drinks - I drink my coffee, tea, and water plain. It just tastes better that way to me. It's been 3 years since I quit the diet drinks and even longer since I quit the sweetener in coffee and tea. I do enjoy Miller 64 and an occasional margarita. :cheers:

craftykath 04-28-2009 03:46 PM

When I was in high school I could eat an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream (usually Chunky Monkey) in one go. Now I rarely eat ice cream at all, and the thought of an entire pint of that stuff in one sitting? Nauseating. I also can't eat pizza anymore. Occasionally I'll get a craving for the crusts, but for the rest of it, yuck.

craftykath 04-28-2009 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poohshunny (Post 2712841)
Diet pop or sweetened drinks - I drink my coffee, tea, and water plain. It just tastes better that way to me. It's been 3 years since I quit the diet drinks and even longer since I quit the sweetener in coffee and tea. I do enjoy Miller 64 and an occasional margarita. :cheers:

Oh, Diet Coke, the bane of my existence. Easily my worst food/beverage vice. How did you get yourself to quit? I'm so addicted to the stuff.

Glory87 04-28-2009 03:57 PM

Chicken alfredo

Bloomin' Onion

Sugary soda

McDonald's fries

I'm okay with giving those foods up forever.

Ija 04-28-2009 10:45 PM

Glory, alfredo was a staple of my diet three years ago. I couldn't imagine my life without my weekly outings to Olive Garden for seafood alfredo with breadsticks on the side. Nowadays, though, I can't even remember the last time I sat down to such a dish, and I don't miss it!

greenie 06-04-2010 04:52 PM

Things I will never eat again:

diet soda
processed fat free foods
soy products
margarine