what's are you eating today, please tell

• Hey guys, I really want to hear what healthy meals you are eating & how much, I have cut my portions in half but have not noticed much change yet, I am really trying to eat healthy, cut out table salt, no white stuff, no pop, sweets etc. Maybe hearing what everyone else is doing will give me bette ideas. Thanks
  • Here's my menu for today:

Bfast (usually at 7 but i slept in till 8.40):
    - 3 egg whites and 1 yolk fried with no oil. (120cal)
    - 100mls LF natural yog (80cal)
    - 140gm tub of fruit puree (80cal)

Snack - 10.30am:
    - grapefruit (100cal)

- Gym -

Lunch - 1.30pm:
    Tuna - (130cal)
    Mango(370cal)

Dinner - 6-6.30pm:
    - Salad (lettuce, muchrooms, olives, reduced fat feta cheese, sundried tomatoes on a bed of shredded cabbage & carrot with wholegrain mustard. Dressing - 1tbs flazseed oil & balsamic vinegar to taste (400cal approx)
    - tempeh tofu (250cal)

TOTAL: 1530

I dont usually get hungry between lunch and dinner, but if i do- i'll have a fruit.

Lunch time, I usually have some veggies too - like peas, mushrooms or frozen mixed veg. It depends from day to day.
  • Also - this thread might get more responses in the diet forums
  • I realized as soon as I posted it was in the wrong spot, duh, but thanks
    Disgruntledone & Mazza for responding you two. I am trying so hard to eat right but have no idea how to keep track of the calories once I mix foods together. Disgruntled your lasagna sounds wonderful, see I would not think to add veggies.
    Mazza thank you for your menu, this is what I am trying to figure out, say when I make a salad with stuff figuring out calories.
    I just bought a bunch of grain cereals, beans etc, stuff I have not eaten before.
    tonights supper is Spinach, black beans, tomatoes cooked together, with a half a chicken breast.
    thanks guys, I may ask this question in the diet forums for more help, you guys are a great help.
  • Mazza, where did you buy wholegrain mustard, I have not heard of it
  • If you PM a mod with the link, she'll move the thread for you!

What I've eaten today:

Breakfast: Fage 2% yogurt, Blue Goodness drink, coffee
    Snack: Clementine
    Lunch: Beef stew (nearly 2 servings)
    Snack: v8 juice
    Post workout: Protein powder in water
    Dinner (planned): veggie stir fry w/ sliced grilled chicken breast

Total when I'm done will be: 1507 calories, macros 45/30/25

• Quote: Mazza, where did you buy wholegrain mustard,

I buy it at my local grocery store - they sell it in most supermarkets.
    I usually get the brand "Maille" - or even masterfoods.

Unfortunately, I don't know if either of these brands is available in the US - but if you check your local grocer, it should be right next to the normal mustards.

Quote: I have not heard of it
    It goes great as a salad dressing when combined with some water to dilute it a bit. It's got the whole mustard seeds and I personally like the texture. It is rather spicy though (Maille) but there are milder versions (e.g. Master foods).
  • Most grocery deli areas have whole grain mustard. This is the one I get at my Publix.

http://www.gourmetfoodstore.com/cond...tails-6762.asp

• My menu for the day was as such:

Breakfast: two eggs, 2 oz. turkey sausage, 1 slice whole grain bread with 1/2 T. cashew butter
    snack: half apple with 1 T. peanut butter
    lunch: salad with bell peppers, onions, almonds, reduced fat feta cheese, cucumbers; 1/2 cup cottage cheese
    snack: 1/2 c. plain greek yogurt, mozzarella cheese stick
    dinner: 3 slices pizza. Homemade using whole wheat pizza crust, reduced fat mozzarella cheese, homemade tomato sauce, broccoli, bell peppers, onions, mushrooms, zucchini and black olives.
    Snack: Hasn't happened yet, but I have an itchin' for greek yogurt with blueberries and agave nectar.

I've also had 96 oz. of water so far today.
  • a typical day for me consists of around 1600 calories or less :

Breakfast: whole grain pancakes, french toast, or oatmeal. If i have pcakes or ftoast i pair it with an apple and turkey bacon.
    Lunch: Varies the most. Could be leftovers, veggie quesadillas, turkey sandwich w/ carrots and ranch, salads
    Snacks: Crackers with laughing cow cheese, string cheese, yogurt, fruit, veggies, almond butter
    Dinner: Tonight i had grilled bbq chicken with a sweet potato and mixed veggies. We eat ground turkey a lot at dinner too. In chili, tacos, or meatloaf, we sometimes make burgers. I also aim for 2 veggies.
    Desert: not every day, but dove dark chocolates, pudding cups, hot chocolate are my favorites. (notice a chocolate trend here )
  • Plan for today

Breakfast - bowl of sultana bran cereal with full cream milk
    Morning tea - glass of raspberry cordial
    Lunch -footlong subway sandwich (wheat bread, swiss cheese, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, pickles, olives, jalepenos and mayonnaise)
    Afternoon tea - apple, jalna honey/vanilla/cinnamon yogurt and mug of chamomile tea
    Dinner - salad (kalamata olives, red oak lettuce, green oak lettuce, tomatoes and low fat balsamic dressing).