Violet gum drops?

• This is going to be a rather strange request, but I *love* floral candies. I've had luck finding violet flavored hard candies, but what I'm really searching for are these things I used to get from Carrefour/GB (large grocery store) in Antwerp, Belgium when I was a kid. They were pretty much like violet flavored jujubes, and they were very hard to chew. I haven't been able to find them ANYWHERE online, mostly because I have no idea what brand they were. Has anyone come across them? Anyone from Europe seen them in the candy aisle so they could tell me the brand?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
  • C. Howards Violet Mints perhaps?
  • I've found those quite easily and they're good, but not what I'm looking for. These are pretty much like jujubes... in that they're a translucent gummy candy but they're quite tough on your teeth and jaws when you actually do try to chew them.

I just emailed Carrefour to see if they could give me any information, but I'm not holding my breath on that... haha.
  • From what I was reading, it looks like jujubes brand used to carry a violet flavor, but it's been discontinued, but that the purple candies in the jujube box are still violet flavored (I think).
  • Hm, that's very interesting. I haven't cracked open a box of jujubes in a long time to compare the tastes... I might have to try that. The good thing about jujubes is that they're so tiresome to chew that I'd be hard pressed to overeat them.. haha.
  • I miss sauce andalouse, and Belgian waffles. Nothing in the US compares to real Belgian waffles!
  • Oh my goodness. Yes. All of the "Belgian" waffles that you get here are not at all like the delicious, dense, sugary treats that you'd actually get from a cafe or street vendor in Belgium. You just can't get real Luikse waffles in the U.S., and I have no idea why. I was tempted one year to ask for some for Christmas, but I thought that might be a bit ridiculous to have them shipped all the way from Europe... haha.
  • I asked for the recipe once but never got it because I was told we don't have vanilla sugar here. Well, I've since found it, but the lady I asked is no longer with us. If you can get ahold of a recipe, please share!