Baked Kale Chips

• Okay, I admit it - I'm a sucker for "salty" and "crunchy" snacks - especially CHIPS!!!!

My husband and I have found our love in Kale. It's delicious, nutricious and give a satisfying "crunch" to certain dishes.

I came across this recipe and thought I would share.

I haven't tried it YET, but I will this weekend when I stock up on Kale.

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Baked-K...ps/Detail.aspx
  • I've tried them. They are pretty good.
  • I made these last weekend. Quite yummy. I added too much salt so next time I'll remember to use the amount the recipe called for.
  • Would this work with spinach?
  • I don't know. It never hurts to try - but spinach has a much higher water content than Kale, althought it can replace Kale in many recipes.

I like Kale in recipes compared to spinach, because it has a nice texture - still kind of crunchy and not as wilty.
  • Must try.
  • It's VERY tasty! I made it the other night.

One thing though - DON'T BURN IT! There were some burnt pieces, and it was gross LOL.

I don't think I added enough olive oil (I used maybe a teaspoon for a bundle... try 1 tablespoon).

I also used sea salt - which was nice. Next time (when I find some) I'll use vegetable salt - it's my favorite!
  • I tried them tonight and (despite adding too much salt) they were so delicious!