3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Food Talk And Fabulous Finds (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds-17/)
-   -   No-sugar added icecream (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/food-talk-fabulous-finds/154140-no-sugar-added-icecream.html)

azmom 10-15-2008 05:21 PM

No-sugar added icecream
 
Have any of you tried the no-sugar added icecreams or icecream bars? Are they good tasting and good for your waistline?

raw23 10-15-2008 05:25 PM

I like them when I'm craving junk food. Hits the spot. Most taste very good.

Good for the waistline? Hmmm... well, it's better than a pint of haggen daz is for my waist line!

Starrynight 10-15-2008 05:42 PM

I've had the sugar-free fudgesicles which are pretty good but I love the sugar-free klondike bars! Pretty good.

JerseyGyrl 10-15-2008 06:00 PM

Unfortunately, most of them are full of nasty sugar alcohols:barf:

mazza 10-15-2008 06:05 PM

Yeah, and don't they have all sorts of artificial junk in them? What's the name of the brand? I'm interested in looking it up. No sugar added ice cream sounds too good to be true :D

LindseyLouWho 10-15-2008 06:51 PM

I used to eat that kind of stuff, along with the Breyer's Double Churn Light ice creams and honestly, they were just okay. If you eat ice cream frequently, then they might be a good substitute, but for me, when I rarely want ice cream I usually have ice cream on top of something (like a baked apple), so I'd rather have 1/2 a serving of real, full fat, full sugar Ben & Jerry's. I think I compared the calorie counts per gram once between it and the Double Churn Light and I was surprised to find that they weren't that different.. the double churn was just puffed up more with air so people thought they were eating more ice cream than they were... Haha.

MadelinRose 10-15-2008 08:05 PM

Earlier this summer when the boyfriend was craving a midnight ice cream run to Fred Meyer's, he'd pick out drumsticks or the like and I would go for those low-carb ice cream bars. Hit the spot, and guilt-free. :D

So, they're great for not feeling deprived when the more metabolically endowed among us go for the real thing.

JulieJ08 10-15-2008 08:12 PM

If I'm gonna have ice cream, I'm gonna have really, really good stuff.

mazza 10-18-2008 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJ08 (Post 2410699)
If I'm gonna have ice cream, I'm gonna have really, really good stuff.

I hear that, sister. Choco ice cream with dulce de leche for me.

JulieJ08 10-18-2008 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mazza (Post 2414658)
I hear that, sister. Choco ice cream with dulce de leche for me.

I was at Souplantation with family today, and had absolutely zero temptation to have their soft serve ice cream. None whatsoever. Can't say I resisted the cornbread though (not that it was excellent either). With honey butter ;).

Wolf Goddess 10-19-2008 12:20 AM

I like them alot. I may not be as much of an ice cream connoisseur as most people - I honestly have never found Häagen-Daz’s or Ben & Jerry's quality to warrant their astronomical price tags. I've tried Breyer's Light, Sugar Free, and Fat Frees and enjoyed them all; Edy's Light, Sugar Frees, and Frozen Yogurts are all delicious too. BlueBunny's Fat Free was terrible; it's grainy and watery. Their Reduced Fats and Frozen Yogurts were pretty good, though.

JulieJ08 10-19-2008 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf Goddess (Post 2414998)
I like them alot. I may not be as much of an ice cream connoisseur as most people - I honestly have never found Häagen-Daz’s or Ben & Jerry's quality to warrant their astronomical price tags. I've tried Breyer's Light, Sugar Free, and Fat Frees and enjoyed them all; Edy's Light, Sugar Frees, and Frozen Yogurts are all delicious too. BlueBunny's Fat Free was terrible; it's grainy and watery. Their Reduced Fats and Frozen Yogurts were pretty good, though.

Ah, my snobby ice cream actually has no price tag - it's my sister's rich no-holds-barred homemade stuff, in fabulous flavors like dark chocolate, with stuff in it, or coconut, or fresh peach, or mint.

kittycat40 10-19-2008 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieJ08 (Post 2415018)
Ah, my snobby ice cream actually has no price tag - it's my sister's rich no-holds-barred homemade stuff, in fabulous flavors like dark chocolate, with stuff in it, or coconut, or fresh peach, or mint.

yum!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.